I Am Thinking About Becoming Allstate Agent

Allstate has to catch Geico and Progressive before it can think of competing with State Farm. It actually has to GAIN policies not LOSE them to move up in the runnings, lol. That being said State Farm has both flo and lizard hot on their trail.

Geico & Progressive????? catch them in what terms? if your talking market share than you are delirious my friend:goofy:

Geico & Progressive????? catch them in what terms? if your talking market share than you are delirious my friend:goofy:

In terms of the policies that THEY are gaining and that YOUR company is losing. Hey, I no longer have a dog in that fight. I guess the only one I care about to gain is now progressive as I intend to have them as a carrier in my repetoire.

If i were a top producing allstate agent, I'd be happy...their closing down smaller agencies around me, they would probably offer me those books at close to 1% (an allstate friend bought up 2 smaller agencies for less than 1.5x FROM TC and turned right around and sold them for profit, as if they were real estate...good for him)..pretty sweet deal for the survival of the fittest.

As for the 8% and competing against the company in another format (e-surance) however, that's going to royally suck.

Last edited:
Allstate might use esurance as a way to pass leads to their agents. Every esurance quote that wasn't purchased could get passed to an Allstate agent. That agent could then call them and sell them an Allstate policy. It happens with other online companies that are owned by agent driven companies.
Just a thought.

Allstate might use esurance as a way to pass leads to their agents. Every esurance quote that wasn't purchased could get passed to an Allstate agent. That agent could then call them and sell them an Allstate policy. It happens with other online companies that are owned by agent driven companies.
Just a thought.

I would doubt that would happen, right now if an allstate agent does a quote and doesn't close it that day, the CIC (call center from hell) will call the customer and try and close the deal a day later. if they do close the agent gets nothing. So i would guess they wont be doing anything to help out the agents:1err:

I would doubt that would happen, right now if an allstate agent does a quote and doesn't close it that day, the CIC (call center from hell) will call the customer and try and close the deal a day later. if they do close the agent gets nothing. So i would guess they wont be doing anything to help out the agents:1err:

AS an IA I have never heard of that happening. Is this with EA's or how exactly do you know this? If this was happening with my quotes I would put in my agency phone number in all quotes-which I do with Progressive now...because I don't trust that they wouldn't pull this type of thing. I put the good number in my agency mangment system for follow ups.

From what I have been told Esurance will be run independently and Allstate and Allstate AGENTS will not get any leads from them. But who knows what is going to happen. The reasoning I have been given was to allow Allstate to tap in to the direct channel with out going and competing directly with their agent force... I don’t like the whole thing at all but many of the major players are doing this so it is nothing new. I keep getting the same line…This will have no impact on how Allstate does business with IA Allstate Agents. However from a few fellow agents that I have talked to I suspect it will have a huge impact on how Agents do business with Allstate?

AS an IA I have never heard of that happening. Is this with EA's or how exactly do you know this? If this was happening with my quotes I would put in my agency phone number in all quotes-which I do with Progressive now...because I don't trust that they wouldn't pull this type of thing. I put the good number in my agency mangment system for follow ups.

From what I have been told Esurance will be run independently and Allstate and Allstate AGENTS will not get any leads from them. But who knows what is going to happen. The reasoning I have been given was to allow Allstate to tap in to the direct channel with out going and competing directly with their agent force... I don’t like the whole thing at all but many of the major players are doing this so it is nothing new. I keep getting the same line…This will have no impact on how Allstate does business with IA Allstate Agents. However from a few fellow agents that I have talked to I suspect it will have a huge impact on how Agents do business with Allstate?

Is your appointment with Encompass or with Allstate? If it's with allstate why allstate and not encompass? I'm questioning for my knowledge, I was under the impression encompass were the same rates with higher commissions?

Is your appointment with Encompass or with Allstate? If it's with allstate why allstate and not encompass? I'm questioning for my knowledge, I was under the impression encompass were the same rates with higher commissions?

I have a dual contract with Encompass and Allstate.

I am an EA with allstate, until near the end of the year. I am one of the smaller-medium sizes agencies who is being told to hit the bricks after 12 years. All of them profitable for the company. (not enough Life Ins the last 2 years)

there are many stories like the one i told. Agents share their horror stories on the AllBlueBlog. (a non-allstate sponsored message board). I don't think they would do that to IA's, they like to treat you nice and pay you more than us EA's.

The stories that you would hear from 10-20-30 year agents would make most people run from this opportunity as quickly as possible

By the way at least where I am at Allstate rates and encompass rates are no where near close AT ALL!

Back