I challenge any single agent to show me he has 1000 mapd active

Scare tactics rarely work, and if they do, it is not a way to develop long term relationships. At some point the policyholder (not the same as a client) figures they have been lied to and they move on.

I personally know some of the agents on the forum that are 100% Medigap and I can honestly say none of them lie, exaggerate or use scare tactics.

Somehow the truth works better than smoke & mirror sales tactics.

Policyholders rarely stick around more than 2 or 3 years but almost all of the clients last until they can no longer fog a mirror.

Odd how some agents see the Medigap market as shrinking, while agents that focus on that market and fish in the right pond, continue writing more new business every year and never experience a downturn.

The MAPD agents must be terribly jealous of what we have but can't figure out a way to talk about our business model without ad hominem attacks. That's shallow and very sad . . .

Would love to hear all your scare tactics as to why they are so much better off paying a premium for a Med Sup and a crappy PDP vs, paying no premium for a plan that has their health insurance plus a great PDP not to mention dental, vision, hearing, gym etc. In my area people must talk more and see through all these scary scenarios and realize they come out way ahead on the MAPD over 25 years.
Let me guess: You will lose your Dr.
You have to wait to have anything done until insurance approves it.
You are no longer part of Medicare.

All a bunch of crap but I’m sure it’s all said to people daily. Feel bad for these clients who never know all the options available to them. I show them all options and 9/10 pick MAPD bc I don’t try to scare them one way or another.

I know, its difficult for me to sell a free plan and make a higher commission

Scare tactics rarely work, and if they do, it is not a way to develop long term relationships. At some point the policyholder (not the same as a client) figures they have been lied to and they move on.

I personally know some of the agents on the forum that are 100% Medigap and I can honestly say none of them lie, exaggerate or use scare tactics.

Somehow the truth works better than smoke & mirror sales tactics.

Policyholders rarely stick around more than 2 or 3 years but almost all of the clients last until they can no longer fog a mirror.

Odd how some agents see the Medigap market as shrinking, while agents that focus on that market and fish in the right pond, continue writing more new business every year and never experience a downturn.

The MAPD agents must be terribly jealous of what we have but can't figure out a way to talk about our business model without ad hominem attacks. That's shallow and very sad . . .

We are all very jealous of your 1 product pushing that fits everyone. Can’t believe people can’t see through your BS. It’s just a matter of time til they start to.

I know, its difficult for me to sell a free plan and make a higher commission

You don’t think you should give your clients all their options in a non-biased way? I have replaced so many G Plans bc the agent didn’t show them all their options.

Would love to hear all your scare tactics as to why they are so much better off paying a premium for a Med Sup and a crappy PDP vs, paying no premium for a plan that has their health insurance plus a great PDP not to mention dental, vision, hearing, gym etc.
Let me play:

You may lose your doctor or provider. Oops that's true.
You may have to wait until ... Oops that one's true too.
You are no longer under Original Medicare ... damn true again.

Those were your three. Here's some of mine.

Hospice isn't covered under MA. Only Original Medicare. Look it up.
MA plans are annual contracts ... Companies can change or drop each year.

I could do more but you get my point. It's not a scare tactic if it's true. It's called a fact.

Well you settled the question what has more service work med sup or mapd . I’d also love to have a large book of med sup and play golf all day . But that’s not an option for a newer agent any longer . The pool of prospects has collapsed the last 5-7 yrs .

So there are not really 10,000 people (+/-) coming on Medicare every day?

Yes those numbers are pretty close. As long as the baby boomers are aging into Medicare, those numbers are holding true.

The "baby boomer" generation ends with 1964 YOB . . . that gives us another 6 years before it transitions to "Gen X".

US birth rate started dropping in 1976 from 3 children per female to 2 children by 2018.

Hospice isn't covered under MA. Only Original Medicare. Look it up.

OM + Plan G = up to 100 days SNF coverage with $0 OOP. MAPD plans often start charging a daily copay after the 20th day. Some will hit their MOOP in less than a month.

How long before a senior on a no premium MAPD plan runs out of money during a stay in a SNF?

Last edited:
Back