I challenge any single agent to show me he has 1000 mapd active

Re: SNF -- OM vs MA

Many MA (most?) don't require 3 days in the hospital before SNF. OM still does.

Moving on.

That's a dumb point, though, since OM covers hospice for people on MedAdv, as others have pointed out (late to the party).
You think?

I put it in there for a reason. It's for the MA Only crowd that gets on here stating that MA plans cover the same things as original Medicare. CMS says that to be a qualified MA plan you have to cover what parts A and B cover. Except hospice. Ever wonder why?

With hospice you don't need an MA plan. You don't need a supplement either. All you need is Part A. Hospice is paid at 100%

What about the doctors and the hospital if you need that? To qualify for hospice you have to sign a form stating that you won't go to the hospital. If you decide to go the emergency room it automatically voids your contact with hospice. Same with outside doctors.

As for me I have a G plan. My wife doesn't have either. For my clients, it's up to them. I give them the pros and cons on both and let them decide. Doesn't matter to me. I sell both. But I prefer a supp.

So there are not really 10,000 people (+/-) coming on Medicare every day?
To an individual agent its irrelevant how many are aging into Medicare.

Economies don't make salespeople. Salespeople make their own economies.
Number of age-ins don't make salespeople. Salespeople make their own leads.

All an agent needs is 200 apps/year for a few years to be in deep coin the rest of their lives, whether MAPD, Med Supp, Anciillary with a sprinkling of FE, life and annuity.

Sell the appropriate product for the client. Keep in touch, Retain the business.

You think?

I put it in there for a reason. It's for the MA Only crowd that gets on here stating that MA plans cover the same things as original Medicare. CMS says that to be a qualified MA plan you have to cover what parts A and B cover. Except hospice. Ever wonder why?

With hospice you don't need an MA plan. You don't need a supplement either. All you need is Part A. Hospice is paid at 100%

What about the doctors and the hospital if you need that? To qualify for hospice you have to sign a form stating that you won't go to the hospital. If you decide to go the emergency room it automatically voids your contact with hospice. Same with outside doctors.

As for me I have a G plan. My wife doesn't have either. For my clients, it's up to them. I give them the pros and cons on both and let them decide. Doesn't matter to me. I sell both. But I prefer a supp.

I still do not understand your point.

I talk to Joe Smith. He wants MAPD plan 38 because it pays 3 million towards flea control.

Joe Smith asks me about hospice. I show him the summary of benefits: "You pay
nothing for hospice care from any Medicare approved hospice. You may have to pay part of the costs for drugs and respite care. Hospice is covered
by Original Medicare, outside of our plan."

And we move on to the next question.

As an agent I'm not misinforming them if I tell them they have coverage for hospice when they enroll in MedAdv.

I'm missing the relevance.

Moving on.

The servicing is almost endless you are right. Most agents need an extra person to help manage that aspect: a "back office" person they can pay hourly etc. That can be a game changer especially if they assist with other projects like mailers.

Let me play:

You may lose your doctor or provider. Oops that's true.
You may have to wait until ... Oops that one's true too.
You are no longer under Original Medicare ... damn true again.

Those were your three. Here's some of mine.

Hospice isn't covered under MA. Only Original Medicare. Look it up.
MA plans are annual contracts ... Companies can change or drop each year.

I could do more but you get my point. It's not a scare tactic if it's true. It's called a fact.

Original medicare still covers hospice care if you're in an MAPD. Your MAPD picks up everything unrelated to hospice care.....

To each their own. I will hit 1k MAPD next year. I am about 82% there now. I look at 1k as an end game. In my area I can live quite comfortably at 300k per year and just let growth occur organically. I will end up making more when I am not spending so much on marketing.

AEP can be rough, but when I get to 1k it will be about retention not growth.

For now the grind continues.

I had 1k+ as a captive agent, it’s not that hard to maintain. Went independent in 2019 to get back to 1k is the goal. (With much better renewals!!)

Back