I Heard a BAD Rumor About Humana

So... if Humana were to have the "best option," after carefully comparing all of the clients options, you choose to not to tell them what is best for them? .... because its not also "best for you?" hummmm.. I can't do that.

So... if Humana were to have the "best option," after carefully comparing all of the clients options, you choose to not to tell them what is best for them? .... because its not also "best for you?" hummmm.. I can't do that.

If that's directed at me you don't know what you are talking about.

I don't do MA plans at all and there is no way that Humana's med sups would ever be better for someone, but, if that did happen I would send them to debil agent to sign up just as I do when I'm in a county that Humana has the best MA plans available. I refer them to an agent that doesn't mind doing business with the debil. There are many out there that will sign an app with anyone just to get paid.

Just as there are agents out there that won't refer people to MoO GI plan for FE because they can't make commission on it.

I will also not sell anything AARP branded. As long as independent agents help Humana and AARP those companies can continue their attacks on those same independent agents. Pluto said he had seen the enemy.

It wasn't really directed to anyone... just saying " doing the right thing for your client, is the right thing to do." All three options.

I hope this thread ends now..

My friend at Humana told me that she heard that Humana would not be using brokers anymore for their Gold Plus product due to the "problems" that they've experienced. She only said "Gold Plus", not PPO or PDP.
Anyone else heard this rumor?

But it raises the question, if a Company no longer lets outside agents sell their plan (and probably not re-certify), what happens to the renewal commissions that are owed to the outside agent assuming that the members remain with Humana?
Humana is firing independent agents and stealing there residuals.. It just happened to me. They fired me (without cause). Now there not paying me for the three years I wrote for them. Thank god all my business is not with them. Diversify.. When I try to get some answers all you get is the run around. They know they can f---you and there's NOTHING you can do.

Humana is firing independent agents and stealing there residuals.. It just happened to me. They fired me (without cause). Now there not paying me for the three years I wrote for them. Thank god all my business is not with them. Diversify.. When I try to get some answers all you get is the run around. They know they can f---you and there's NOTHING you can do.

There's plenty you can do. Annual enrollment is just around the corner. If there is a comparable plan, switch them to it.

I'm not sure where you are, but here in Georgia, Humana is rarely a top tier plan.

Just the red arrow/scary thing on Medicare's website that says......

Symbols

poorperformer.gif

Caution: For three years in a row, the Medicare program has given this plan a low rating. If you are considering enrolling in this plan, look closely at the detailed ratings for this plan.

this should tell clients something about the plans. I wonder why some of the other insurance companies got pulled and H gets this warning

Last edited:
My FMO is owned money by H and my hard working rep of course isn't getting paid. H has no provision for a recruiter to receive overrides. I only have two clients with them and I will try to move them. Oh, and also they have yanked a lot of drs contracts. I guess they are in good standing with the Ebil Empire.

My FMO is owned money by H and my hard working rep of course isn't getting paid. H has no provision for a recruiter to receive overrides. I only have two clients with them and I will try to move them. Oh, and also they have yanked a lot of drs contracts. I guess they are in good standing with the Ebil Empire.

Yes, Humana is also yanking doctor's contracts here in San Antonio also. I originally signed with them because they sold themselves on their stable network and benefits, low disenrollment rates, etc. The last year has been nothing like that. A major medical group dropped them (some 3-4,000 pts affected) and a smaller assortment of PCPs just dropped 8-31-11. It's too much work to try to retain the members with all of this going on. They also pay LESS than everyone else, $177 v the $200 that the others pay.

I wrote over 100 apps with them in 2010 as a MECA...then had this contract dropped in September, 2011, put on delegated and sold over 100 more for the 2012 season.
Appointment canceled without notice again, residuals owed. Reappointed in May, 2012. They say someone is working on it, but for months and months?
Who at CMS handles these kinds of issues? I take calls all day from MA-PD clients and it's hard to spend time fixing problems and asking for the residuals is considered tying up their resources in Sales Support.

For the 73rd largest public company, it's really a shame to want to work and service for them, but not as an Intern...

Methodist in Houston is telling all clients to choose someone else. If I get really sick, Methodist is where I want to go...

Last edited:
I wrote over 100 apps with them in 2010 as a MECA...then had this contract dropped in September, 2011, put on delegated and sold over 100 more for the 2012 season.
Appointment canceled without notice again, residuals owed. Reappointed in May, 2012. They say someone is working on it, but for months and months?
Who at CMS handles these kinds of issues? I take calls all day from MA-PD clients and it's hard to spend time fixing problems and asking for the residuals is considered tying up their resources in Sales Support.

For the 73rd largest public company, it's really a shame to want to work and service for them, but not as an Intern...

Methodist in Houston is telling all clients to choose someone else. If I get really sick, Methodist is where I want to go...

Quick question. If Humana fixes your problem in time for the 2013 season will you sell new plans for them or is getting the shaft twice enough for you? :skeptical:

Back