I Heard a BAD Rumor About Humana

When I worked in the optical business, Humana was pure JUNK! We only filed claims for 7 clients, and that was 7 too many! There was soooo much red tape involved, we were paid pennies for materials, AND the turnaround time was simply unacceptable to us! I can't even think of how it would be to handle claims for medical or other providers

When I worked in the optical business, Humana was pure JUNK! We only filed claims for 7 clients, and that was 7 too many! There was soooo much red tape involved, we were paid pennies for materials, AND the turnaround time was simply unacceptable to us! I can't even think of how it would be to handle claims for medical or other providers

But your boss agreed to the terms... Blame him! I am not defending anyone just saying your blaming the wrong person so to say.

But your boss agreed to the terms... Blame him! I am not defending anyone just saying your blaming the wrong person so to say.

Agreed... I love how the medical providers hate the companies that they signed contracts to accept.

I wrote a Psychologist a Med Supp this past week. We had a discussion about reimbursement rates on MA plans. He stated he gets paid the full Medicare reimbursement rate from MA carriers.

Not really sure why some of these doctor's offices make their patients feel they are getting screwed by going with an MA plan.

I wrote a Psychologist a Med Supp this past week. We had a discussion about reimbursement rates on MA plans. He stated he gets paid the full Medicare reimbursement rate from MA carriers.

Not really sure why some of these doctor's offices make their patients feel they are getting screwed by going with an MA plan.

I don't quite get that, either. Figured it must be the extra scrutiny the carrier gives them on patient care.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

The letter from Humana to the CMS chairman was posted right here at the forums. I believe it was Rick that posted it. Might be wrong on that?

There was so much controversy about it being publically displayed that it was taken down.

But, I didn't need to see that letter to know that it was Humana driven. I was very active in the MA field at that time. I was the top producer for 3 different companies and was certified to train agents to sell MA plans. Everyone in the business knew that the debil was driving the bus.

OK, JD, the first time or two you used that lame "debil" thing it was maybe a little bit funny.:no:

Now it's just tiresome. Let's give it a rest, OK? Thanks, Bro.

OK, JD, the first time or two you used that lame "debil" thing it was maybe a little bit funny.:no:

Woah, bro. You are welcome to ignore it if you don't like it, bro.
bro
bro
bro
;)

It took 7 months for the post to get "tiresome". Love on you some Humana. I just won't join you.

Humana love is tiresome to me but you can post about all you want and I won't care, bro.:goofy:

Providers just like to whine when someone calls them out for inappropriate care. I've done provider contract negotiations with MA plans in the past and depending on the market, some providers get more than medicare rates plus bonuses based on MLR.

Back