I just got off phone with Integrity fmo about new rule changes . Starts June 28

If agents do have to record calls/sales, then what about Sales Events? Have to record the whole thing? We'll see.

I sure hope NAHU can talk some sense into them in a couple of weeks.
How many of you get calls while you are driving or out somewhere? Probably all of us, so how in the world are we supposed to record every call unless we are sitting at our desk in our office or work in call center? Seems impossible to enforce to me.

I do not think that there will be any random auditing of this IMO.

It will simply be, "we have received a complaint, provide your recordings"

Not to mention, for the average joe agent there are a multitude of plausible defences to not having a recording despite having a recording system in place (company storing recordings made error, CRM did not upload it, poor quality audio etc etc)

Plus, while in theory it will apply to us all, the target of this has to be call centers and there will have to be a pattern of compliants. They haven't just dreamed this up.....I bet CMS is getting bombarded by compliants from folks that have been slammed into something by a call center.

I do not think that there will be any random auditing of this IMO.

It will simply be, "we have received a complaint, provide your recordings"

Not to mention, for the average joe agent there are a multitude of plausible defences to not having a recording despite having a recording system in place (company storing recordings made error, CRM did not upload it, poor quality audio etc etc)

Plus, while in theory it will apply to us all, the target of this has to be call centers and there will have to be a pattern of compliants. They haven't just dreamed this up.....I bet CMS is getting bombarded by compliants from folks that have been slammed into something by a call center.

Except the least effected will be the call centers

This is really more an attempt to get free adverting and help to shift to a more direct govt enrollment platform like what they are doing with ACA

Except the least effected will be the call centers

This is really more an attempt to get free adverting and help to shift to a more direct govt enrollment platform like what they are doing with ACA
I sure hope not! For the most part, ACA is straight forward. But we know Medicare is anything but that!

How many of you get calls while you are driving or out somewhere? Probably all of us, so how in the world are we supposed to record every call unless we are sitting at our desk in our office or work in call center? Seems impossible to enforce to me.

There are a multitude of apps that accomplish this.

However, there's a bigger issue. Each state has it's own laws on recording calls. Some are one party, some are all parties. So, depending on your state, you may be required in the first minute, before you can build any trust, to tell someone that you're recording the conversation, and send them to Medicare.gov.

Enforcement will likely be based on complaints. Honestly, I've been bouncing back and forth with this... Part of me is just willing to say screw it. It's not worth the hassle. Unless there's some sort of carve-out, I may be dropping MAPD/PDP and just market Medigap, annuities, life, and cancer.

I think this is more likely what more customer-focused agents will do unless CMS puts the commission at some huge amount, or I'd go work at a carrier because they'd handle all the marketing compliance aspects and I don't care if I have to say it.. because it's their money being lost. Not mine. However, increasing the compensation massively will only further incentivize bad actors.

Plus, UHC has a 4 day work week, except AEP, and are throwing a lot of money around w/ remote work.

Sucks because 40% of my book will disappear overnight and I'll have to call these people and tell them to find a new agent if they choose not to transition to HDG... with UHC it's particularly hard because they're really competitive around here and have a better commission schedule (it's 10 years at a reasonable renewal before dropping to 60$) but require you to be able to sell MAPD and Medigap.

I'm not going to stress about it yet.. I'll wait for the final, final verdict and then start calling people after I make a decision.

I sure hope not! For the most part, ACA is straight forward. But we know Medicare is anything but that!

Not really I made a ad error this year on my family, I have had HSA through BC every year it has worked great but I liked to look at the other plans to be sure

This year after looking at all the other plans I as usual decided my HSA would still be best I quick went strait to my HSA plan without realizing BC put out a 2nd HSA same exact deductibles everything identical but with lesser network

Now I am stuck till next year

But even more then that its not that straightforward many people don't know the dif between a deductible and out of pocket max and a copay and don't even begin to know what coinsurance is

There are many dif plan structure on ACA

I would say Medicare is less complicated then ACA

There is a multitude of apps that accomplish this.

However, there's a bigger issue. Each state has it's own laws on recording calls. Some are one party, some are all parties. So, depending on your state, you may be required in the first minute, before you can build any trust, to tell someone that you're recording the conversation, and send them to Medicare.gov.

Enforcement will likely be based on complaints. Honestly, I've been bouncing back and forth with this... Part of me is just willing to say screw it. It's not worth the hassle. Unless there's some sort of carve-out, I may be dropping MAPD/PDP and just market Medigap, annuities, life, and cancer.

I think this is more likely what more customer-focused agents will do unless CMS puts the commission at some huge amount, or I'd go work at a carrier because they'd handle all the marketing compliance aspects and I don't care if I have to say it.. because it's their money being lost. Not mine. However, increasing the compensation massively will only further incentivize bad actors.

Plus, UHC has a 4 day work week, except AEP, and are throwing a lot of money around w/ remote work.

Sucks because 40% of my book will disappear overnight and I'll have to call these people and tell them to find a new agent if they choose not to transition to HDG... with UHC it's particularly hard because they're really competitive around here and have a better commission schedule (it's 10 years at a reasonable renewal before dropping to 60$)

I'm not going to stress about it yet.. I'll wait for the final, final verdict and then start calling people after I make a decision.

Oh I wouldnt go that far At the very least your clients would be most easy to comply with this

its the new buis that is an issue

The positive side of this is that it actually helps you out as an agent..........because this goes both ways.

As long as you are doing the right thing, they can never say "the agent never told me that"........or "that wasn't explained to me".........if you have the recording you are bullet proof.

The positive side of this is that it actually helps you out as an agent..........because this goes both ways.

As long as you are doing the right thing, they can never say "the agent never told me that"........or "that wasn't explained to me".........if you have the recording you are bullet proof.

If you're doing the right thing and are selective with your clients, you shouldn't have issues to begin with.

Prime example, I've only had 1 client ever leave. It was a DSNP case that SoM said he didn't qualify for MSP. He had VA, Medicaid, Medicare. He didn't want to pay the 30$ for DNSP. I don't try to save DSNP as a practice, because I don't write many.

That's it.

My clients email me (some text) and ask questions, and there's a record. My problem and each person has to answer for themselves, is that it undermines my credibility to tell a prospect I'm recording them and then immediately tell them they should check out Medicare.gov because I don't offer all plans in their area.

I choose the providers I offer based on the companies that I believe are the best value for the client. I don't even get that opportunity to tell them that before they've already heard they're being recorded and I don't offer all plans. (namely because I"m 100% inbound and it takes a few seconds to figure out the call.)

If you're doing the right thing and are selective with your clients, you shouldn't have issues to begin with.

Prime example, I've only had 1 client ever leave. It was a DSNP case that SoM said he didn't qualify for MSP. He had VA, Medicaid, Medicare. He didn't want to pay the 30$ for DNSP. I don't try to save DSNP as a practice, because I don't write many.

That's it.

My clients email me (some text) and ask questions, and there's a record. My problem and each person has to answer for themselves, is that it undermines my credibility to tell a prospect I'm recording them and then immediately tell them they should check out Medicare.gov because I don't offer all plans in their area.

I choose the providers I offer based on the companies that I believe are the best value for the client. I don't even get that opportunity to tell them that before they've already heard they're being recorded and I don't offer all plans. (namely because I"m 100% inbound and it takes a few seconds to figure out the call.)
I tell my clients I don't offer every plan, so that won't be an issue for me. I think it will be easy to add the medicare.gov part. They continue to talk to me because most of them don't want to fool with going online. They want a live person to help them. My problem is the recording part because I use GV, which only allows recording on incoming calls.

Latest posts

Back