I just got off phone with Integrity fmo about new rule changes . Starts June 28

Oh I wouldnt go that far At the very least your clients would be most easy to comply with this

its the new buis that is an issue

I keep having to go back to the rule, because there are sites that are interpreting it incorrectly. You're right. We have to record the MAPD/PDP sales call in it's entirety, not every call. I already knew this, but even with all the times I read these stupid things, it's easy to get mixed up.

I tell my clients I don't offer every plan, so that won't be an issue for me. I think it will be easy to add the medicare.gov part. They continue to talk to me because most of them don't want to fool with going online. They want a live person to help them. My problem is the recording part because I use GV, which only allows recording on incoming calls.

If you have GV forwarding to your phone, just get an app that records all calls. It doesn't matter the source. If you're using the GV online stuff, that could be harder.

As I said, everyone has to make that decision for themselves. Personal opinion, it doesn't matter if you offer every plan or not. The compensation is the same. If you're doing the job correctly, you'd tell them upfront if their doctors and meds are covered...

I'm the first person to address compliance issues when they're brought up to my attention. However, if the compliance becomes more burdensome than the value, IMO, I'll call it.

baby-bath-water1.png

The positive side of this is that it actually helps you out as an agent..........because this goes both ways.

As long as you are doing the right thing, they can never say "the agent never told me that"........or "that wasn't explained to me".........if you have the recording you are bullet proof.

Had a situation where a client told me I didn't tell her she would be billed quarterly for her Medicare Part B premium since she isn't receiving social security yet. Not that it's our responsibility to notify potential clients of how they will be billed for Medicare, but it certainly helps when you can be a source of information for clients and potential clients.

She wasn't pissed, just frustrated and needed someone to blame for not being prepared for a large bill. I told her I was fairly certain we discussed it. I went back and found the recording of the call and sent it to her. Told her exactly where to fast forward to hear where I told her about the quarterly bill. She never responded to that email. Nor did she mention it the next time we talked.

Normally I wouldn't have gone through the hassle of listening to the recording and sending it to her, but she seemed to complain about something every time we spoke and implying I did something wrong. One time we spoke and she asked that I call her back that upcoming Thursday. I called her on Thursday and left a message and explained that I would be out of town starting the next day and would be back in a week and to call me after a certain date. When we finally spoke, she said I never called her. I said I called her the date and time we discussed and left a message. She said, "yeah, but I thought you'd call me back when you got back". I explained I told her to call me after a certain date. Just another example of her always finding something to complain about. And that's why I sent to audio recording of the call.

My system only keeps the recording for 90 days so I will have to make a point to download each conversation if we actually have to start recording everything. That's going to suck. Especially during AEP.

If you're doing the right thing and are selective with your clients, you shouldn't have issues to begin with.

Hmmm. Not so sure I agree with you there.....

Some clients only hear what they want to hear......and even if you do do everything the way it should be done, it still doesn't stop someone making a complaint. No one has control over that.

All we can do is bow to the mighty CMS, adjust our system a little and continue on.

All we can do is bow to the mighty CMS, adjust our system a little and continue on.

Wrong. You choose to bow down to CMS. I'm not knocking that, because it's a business decision. All of us have a choice.

I'm selective. I don't work with every senior that calls me. If a senior gives me an indication they're going to be an issue, I refer them out. That's a business decision. If I opt not to continue with CMS regulations and not offer PDP/MAPD, that's a business decision.

I send full email summaries after conversations on the phone with all relevant information. I develop my business that I take less leads with higher intent. That's enough. If someone complains, I pull up the text of the email. If I get hit with compliance, then I do..

Most times it's rarely a serious charge. If you want to record calls, do you. I'm not saying that's bad. I don't. I'm okay with that.

I'm in a regulated industry and a federal program. However, I'm not at the beck and call of CMS if I don't want to be.

Last edited:
I keep having to go back to the rule, because there are sites that are interpreting it incorrectly. You're right. We have to record the MAPD/PDP sales call in it's entirety, not every call. I already knew this, but even with all the times I read these stupid things, it's easy to get mixed up.
Here is what it says on their website: Records all calls with beneficiaries in their entirety, including the enrollment process.

Wrong. You choose to bow down to CMS. I'm not knocking that, because it's a business decision. All of us have a choice.

I'm selective. I don't work with every senior that calls me. If a senior gives me an indication they're going to be an issue, I refer them out. That's a business decision. If I opt not to continue with CMS regulations and not offer PDP/MAPD, that's a business decision.

I send full email summaries after conversations on the phone with all relevant information. I develop my business that I take less leads with higher intent. That's enough. If someone complains, I pull up the text of the email. If I get hit with compliance, then I do..

Most times it's rarely a serious charge. If you want to record calls, do you. I'm not saying that's bad. I don't. I'm okay with that.

I'm in a regulated industry and a federal program. However, I'm not at the beck and call of CMS if I don't want to be.

Most businesses record calls. The only reason they do that is to cover their own behinds, not for "training and quality purposes" lol.

To me its just not that big of a deal my office records all inbound and outbound calls and has done for about 3 years........and IMO this provides security for me as an agent in the event that it is needed.

Back