"I Need to Think About It"

We get this a lot as an objection which isn't a big deal as it's going to happen. For me, I have been getting this response not after closing, but during a different part of the conversation which seems to shut the door. As an example, here is a conversation I just had.

prospect: We pay about $400/m for both cars and the house.
me: our coverage is __ for __ your payment for the auto is $173/m. Tell me about your house...
prospect: house stuff....
me: Sounds good! We'll have an inspector confirm the sq. ft. of your house, garage, etc. Does that sound good?
prospect: I need to think about it....

If this happened once, or maybe twice I'd pass it off, but it's happened 5+ times in the last week which makes me think it's my delivery. Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong and make suggestions on a better way to bring up there will be an inspection?

I'm an options person which seems to work for me. Prepare two quotes, go over them with the client and close with "which of these do you feel will work best for you", or something similar.

I don't do personal lines, only commercial, but I always give my commercial prospects two options, explain the difference in the two, and then ask which one sounds best for them.

If I am talking to someone dumb enough for this one to work I would prefer not to work with them.

You would be surprised how breaking this down for people works. I just wrote two apps tonight for quite a bit of premium using this very saying.

If it works use it.

Back