If Someone Writes 9 Million a Year

Small correction of terms, his book of business is paying $9 million in premiums. He services it and tries to add what he can to it. I am sure he has a small staff to help him service it. That would take a trememdous amount of work. His expenses would be significant, but he still makes a pretty penny, and will have something nice to sell when he decides to retire.

I know of one agent's book of business that is $5 million. He has a couple assistants, but he does a lot of the work himself (control issue). He works 6am to 10pm every day, 7 days a week. He does take time to go to church on Sunday, but he works before church and goes back after lunch with the family.

Comment he made one day.."I went 1 year without seeing my yard during daylight hours." That's too much working for me.

Small correction of terms, his book of business is paying $9 million in premiums. He services it and tries to add what he can to it. I am sure he has a small staff to help him service it. That would take a trememdous amount of work. His expenses would be significant, but he still makes a pretty penny, and will have something nice to sell when he decides to retire.

I know of one agent's book of business that is $5 million. He has a couple assistants, but he does a lot of the work himself (control issue). He works 6am to 10pm every day, 7 days a week. He does take time to go to church on Sunday, but he works before church and goes back after lunch with the family.

Comment he made one day.."I went 1 year without seeing my yard during daylight hours." That's too much working for me.

That's called working to die and that is not a good way to live....Fore on the first tee.

A friend of mine just sold his agency of about 9 million on the books. He said he will net about 2 million after he pays everything off and after taxes. Retiring at age 48.

I knew a guy with a book that big once...I also lost everything I had because of him. So did a few other guys that are still dear to me til this day because of what we went through. If he did it honestly then that's awesome!

A friend of mine just sold his agency of about 9 million on the books. He said he will net about 2 million after he pays everything off and after taxes. Retiring at age 48.

That adds up... If it is personal lines and small business then $9m in premium is worth $1.4-1.5m in total annual revenue including contingency and could sell for 2-2.5x revenue to the right buyer.

I do NOT want to be that big, thats living for work and there isnt no point in that.....

I just want to be comfortable and ENJOY LIFE!!!

I do NOT want to be that big, thats living for work and there isnt no point in that.....

I just want to be comfortable and ENJOY LIFE!!!

There are plenty of guys that big and even much bigger that work 35 hours a week... but it requires systems in place and competent employees. If you have to have your hands in everything... you have a ceiling that is pretty low.

Back