If You Like Your Commissions You Can't Get Your Commissions

So sad that you are all working so hard to help people and have to wait to be paid all due to the aca.
I am still waiting for my aep paychecks from flblue on what I wrote for Medicare products.

They never pay your cga until mid february

Last edited:
They never pay you cga until mid february

That doesn't make it right, does it?

Blue pays out some partial advances on Medicare enrollments but their system is awful-if you enroll someone turning 65 a couple of months in advance you wind up waiting until the month following the effective date for your commissions.

It's just another case of Florida Blue hiding behind their cloak of exclusivity to take advantage of agents who only know the 'Blue' way of doing things.

Blue pays out some partial advances on Medicare enrollments but their system is awful-if you enroll someone turning 65 a couple of months in advance you wind up waiting until the month following the effective date for your commissions.

It's just another case of Florida Blue hiding behind their cloak of exclusivity to take advantage of agents who only know the 'Blue' way of doing things.[/QU

No it doesn't make it right and I was not taking their side, I was just stating how I received my commission's and what I've been told, for all I know my cga could be receiving commissions a couple of months before they pay me. Now that ain't right.

It's just another case of Florida Blue hiding behind their cloak of exclusivity to take advantage of agents who only know the 'Blue' way of doing things.[/QU

No it doesn't make it right and I was not taking their side, I was just stating how I received my commission's and what I've been told, for all I know my cga could be receiving commissions a couple of months before they pay me. Now that ain't right.

I know you weren't taking their side, sorry if my post seemed to imply that-you have been screwed over by your CGA for years, unfortunately...

LifeWorth,

You should change "agents" to "american people"

Agents are just one of many professions that have been f^%k3d1n7h3a$$ by legislators to produce profit for lobbyists with bigger contributions. If you haven't noticed by now, your clients are a whole lot more dissatisfied (and vocal) about this law than we are.

Look what I got today from BCBSTX....

January Commissions Scheduled for Release Feb. 18-20
Producers in all markets may experience a three-to-five day delay in receiving their commissions this month. While commissions typically are distributed on or around the 15th of a given month, commissions for the period ending Jan. 31, 2014, are scheduled for release between Feb.18-20. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause

Look what I got today from BCBSTX....

January Commissions Scheduled for Release Feb. 18-20
Producers in all markets may experience a three-to-five day delay in receiving their commissions this month. While commissions typically are distributed on or around the 15th of a given month, commissions for the period ending Jan. 31, 2014, are scheduled for release between Feb.18-20. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause

Your sister company in IL sent this notice to us today as well. Funny thing is that the person who crafted the notice seems to be unaware that we're always paid around the 18th to 20th of each month, if the 15th falls on a weekend. And, with Monday Feb 17th being a U.S. holiday, the 18th to 20th time frame is probably a tad optimistic.

At any rate, this "delay" is a good sign that our HCSC companies are taking the time to get it right. The Federal Subsidy inclusion into the calculation makes this uncharted territory for them.

I'll be checking the online agent portal, instead of waiting for the e-mail from BCBS announcing that the commissions are ready for viewing. That e-mail arrives 24 hours after the report is viewable. I'm dying to see if we're paid on the FULL premium, with no tax/fee/? commission reduction tricks, as some forum members are reporting.
ac

Latest posts

Back