Im seeking advice from health agents!!

Hello, I am a relatively new insurance broker which focuses mainly on Medicare supplements and Life and Health to individuals. I meet my people face to face and it makes a big difference. I am in the midwest so I think it may be a different mentality. I pay $15 per lead and they are verified once. The people know that I will be showing up at their door. It is hard work but things are good. I find it interesting that most agents do not go to their clients in person. I am also intrigued by this online selling procedure. Is that a good route to travel? Thanks.

Hello, I am a relatively new insurance broker which focuses mainly on Medicare supplements and Life and Health to individuals. I meet my people face to face and it makes a big difference. I am in the midwest so I think it may be a different mentality. I pay $15 per lead and they are verified once. The people know that I will be showing up at their door. It is hard work but things are good. I find it interesting that most agents do not go to their clients in person. I am also intrigued by this online selling procedure. Is that a good route to travel? Thanks.

Stick with what you are doing. I started out face to face and was doing well and thought why not do this via the phone and internet. Been doing it for a few months now and it is NOT worth the hassle. Been getting internet leads, and telemarketed leads for the same products you are dealing with. The internet leads have become a true waste of time considering how much "chasing" I have been doing. I am now going strictly with the med supp's for face to face appointments and also doing a few health sales from LOCAL internet leads that allow me to go to them directly for an appointment. I also found myself getting too damn lazy sitting at home all day, waiting for the boys to call me to go golfing. Bottom line, internet leads flat out suck !!

RAMOND (sic) are you calling FLA. 67 yrs and older?

Yes, it is best that you set the appointment yourself. Afterall, this business about people so you should learn how to communicate with them properly.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Leandre and I'm a new agent to the health and life insurance side of things. I really want to stay away from the P & C side of things and just really want to cover life, health, annuities and things of that nature. I need some guidance out here in Virginia :swoon:though. Maybe someone reading this could help me or maybe we can help each other out. I'm trying to find the right companies to be appointed with. The commissions size is important to me but I want to be appointed with companies that are going to give the best rates and are of financial soundness. I don't have a clue as to where to look though. I also heard that getting affiliated with a brokerage is so key. Any ideas who is the best. I've heard of the Sunderland Group. Is that the best or does anyone know any others. Please help me!

Sincerely,

Le Andre'

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Leandre and I'm a new agent to the health and life insurance side of things. I really want to stay away from the P & C side of things and just really want to cover life, health, annuities and things of that nature. I need some guidance out here in Virginia :swoon:though. Maybe someone reading this could help me or maybe we can help each other out. I'm trying to find the right companies to be appointed with. The commissions size is important to me but I want to be appointed with companies that are going to give the best rates and are of financial soundness. I don't have a clue as to where to look though. I also heard that getting affiliated with a brokerage is so key. Any ideas who is the best. I've heard of the Sunderland Group. Is that the best or does anyone know any others. Please help me!

Sincerely,

Le Andre'

Welcome to the forum! To answer your question, Sunderland is a good group. To go further, I recommend HCO as the door to enter... see the sticky at the top of this thread. Scott Slutzker is a reputable FMO. His company contracts through the Sunderland group and others.

Hello everyone, I just signed up for the insurance forums this morning.

I have a P&C license in Illinois. Does anyone know if there is a program out there that lets you be an independent agent under an established brokerage by creating a NET Branch of that brokerage?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Back