IMO/FMO Research

Rae Tucker

HI,
I'm researching becoming licensed for life/long term care/disability and am researching IMOs/FMOs. I've seen the below companies and wondering about any feedback on them. I would really like to avoid some of the MLMs that I've seen all over, a few don't look horrible, but I really don't plan to recruit, at least not any time soon as I plan to be a part-time agent for the foreseeable future.

Training is my biggest concern. I've done sales years ago but never in insurance. I'd also like a tech-savvy company as I really do not want to door knock. If I get appointments and need to go there to close, that's fine, but I'm not knocking on stranger's doors. (Yes I know plenty of people do and do well, that's just not me).

1st one - TR King Insurance Marketing Insurance Field Marketing Organization in Roanoke, VA | TR King Insurance Marketing (I'm pretty sure one of the owners is on this forum but would love to hear from agents who signed up).

2nd one - Gordon Marketing - Gordon Marketing - Insurance Broker FMO IMO VMO Don't know much about them but they appear to offer quite a bit for marketing, not as sure on the sales training side.

3rd one - Levinson & Associates - Cary Levinson I saw a training video they had that showed about what they offer agents and they seem pretty comprehensive, but most of it was the tech side. Not really sure on the sales training.

Thanks
Rae

HI,
I'm researching becoming licensed for life/long term care/disability and am researching IMOs/FMOs. I've seen the below companies and wondering about any feedback on them. I would really like to avoid some of the MLMs that I've seen all over, a few don't look horrible, but I really don't plan to recruit, at least not any time soon as I plan to be a part-time agent for the foreseeable future.

Training is my biggest concern. I've done sales years ago but never in insurance. I'd also like a tech-savvy company as I really do not want to door knock. If I get appointments and need to go there to close, that's fine, but I'm not knocking on stranger's doors. (Yes I know plenty of people do and do well, that's just not me).

1st one - TR King Insurance Marketing Insurance Field Marketing Organization in Roanoke, VA | TR King Insurance Marketing (I'm pretty sure one of the owners is on this forum but would love to hear from agents who signed up).

2nd one - Gordon Marketing - Gordon Marketing - Insurance Broker FMO IMO VMO Don't know much about them but they appear to offer quite a bit for marketing, not as sure on the sales training side.

3rd one - Levinson & Associates - Cary Levinson I saw a training video they had that showed about what they offer agents and they seem pretty comprehensive, but most of it was the tech side. Not really sure on the sales training.

Thanks
Rae
You didn’t mention if you are planning to sell face to face or by phone.
Digital BGA is by far your best choice for phone sales IF you change to the products they specialize with. I don’t think they do disability, LTC, etc as a main focus. Anyone can do anything but don’t sign up with any IMO just to be a square peg in a round hole.

If you are doing face to face, of the ones you mentioned Todd King would be the one that stands out. Any of the three are decent, legit places. But Todd is smaller and more hands on with access to the main guy (Todd) which is usually going to give you a better experience.

You didn’t mention if you are planning to sell face to face or by phone.
Digital BGA is by far your best choice for phone sales IF you change to the products they specialize with. I don’t think they do disability, LTC, etc as a main focus. Anyone can do anything but don’t sign up with any IMO just to be a square peg in a round hole.

If you are doing face to face, of the ones you mentioned Todd King would be the one that stands out. Any of the three are decent, legit places. But Todd is smaller and more hands on with access to the main guy (Todd) which is usually going to give you a better experience.

Mainly by phone for sure. My primary focus will be life and once I know what I'm doing, annuities, but I do think LTC is important, disability is less of a focus.

I am just getting started in Insurance now that my license has been activated in California. I am hoping to not make a mistake in choosing an IMO to get started with. I am open to different types of insurance products and have many years of experience with on the phone sales with several years of in person sales. Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

I am newbie to Insurance and got my license in Michigan. Stumbled on this forum and read quite a few threads over in the last 2-3 days to learn more about finding an IMO and/or research about one particular IMO!

I am looking for some input or help in knowing/finding a right fit.
I am planning on doing this on a part time basis and would like to focus primarily on IUL, Annuities and whatever other most prominent insurance products (like FE)

Trying to find an IMO who has attractive startup comps (very important), minimal training and good reputation. Greatly appreciate if one could shed some light.

Tahoe Ray/DayTimer, greatly appreciate for your quick response.

IUL and Annuities for my contacts/leads who have tens of thousands in their banks or brokerage account and have NEVER heard about IUL.
Final Expense for my contacts/leads who are our clients in our other business and will highly interested in either MP or FE products.

Bottom line, I would like to help people.

So, in other words, I did my home work before getting my license. Now, I was introduced to one IMO and upon researching about this IMO's reputation, I stumbled on this site and I see that majority of users/agents/owners on this group literally hate this IMO.

So, was asking for some serious/genuine help.

P.S. Hope, I didn't break any ground rules.

Back