IMO/FMO Research

Tahoe Ray/DayTimer, greatly appreciate for your quick response.

IUL and Annuities for my contacts/leads who have tens of thousands in their banks or brokerage account and have NEVER heard about IUL.
Final Expense for my contacts/leads who are our clients in our other business and will highly interested in either MP or FE products.

Bottom line, I would like to help people.

So, in other words, I did my home work before getting my license. Now, I was introduced to one IMO and upon researching about this IMO's reputation, I stumbled on this site and I see that majority of users/agents/owners on this group literally hate this IMO.

So, was asking for some serious/genuine help.

P.S. Hope, I didn't break any ground rules.
My average annuity client is 65+ and my average IUL client is in their late 40s.

Just having a lot of money in the bank or a brokerage account doesn't make either product automatically suitable.

Focus your marketing on who you want to work with then focus on the issue/product that addresses that demographic the best.

Lastly, align yourself with folks (IMOs, study groups, etc.) that support that vision.

Good luck.

I am newbie to Insurance and got my license in Michigan. Stumbled on this forum and read quite a few threads over in the last 2-3 days to learn more about finding an IMO and/or research about one particular IMO!

I am looking for some input or help in knowing/finding a right fit.
I am planning on doing this on a part time basis and would like to focus primarily on IUL, Annuities and whatever other most prominent insurance products (like FE)

Trying to find an IMO who has attractive startup comps (very important), minimal training and good reputation. Greatly appreciate if one could shed some light.

Working with multiple IMOs is going to be to your advantage if you are selling polar opposite products. There is no Jack of all trades IMO that is great at annuities AND FE. Oh you can find many that claim to be.

I could easily pitch that I’m your guy because I own one of the great FE IMOs and I have personally produced millions of dollars in annuity sales. And that’s true. The the REAL truth is that you would be MUCH better served putting you annuity business with an IMO that is 100% focused on annuity sales. You are going to be much better served there than with someone that claims to be all things to all agents.

But you always want to look into FexContracting.com for your FE sales of course.

Bottom line, I would like to help people.

My advice to anyone new is pick a sales concept and the corresponding products to lead with, and make that your specialty. For example, simplified issue whole life and final expense, or term/term with ROP and mortgage protection, or social security retirement transition and Annuities.

A number of agents on the forum are primarily final expense (some of the best in the business can be found here).

@Tahoe Ray's primary product is disability insurance and I believe he goes so far as to have a primary occupational demographic he sells to though I may be mistaken and I'm sure he'll correct me if I am.

I started as final expense, but over the past 18-24 months I transitioned to debt elimination & supplemental retirement income (these are directly related because I have found that reducing and eliminating debt is a necessary first step for many of the folks with whom I meet before they have any hope of saving for supplemental retirement income).

The most successful agents are not the jack of products, but the masters of there one domain. Tom Love of Ohio National writes well over a million in premium each year ($2mm?) and he does it with one sales concept and one product - a max funded 10-pay whole life form one company.

Van Mueller has been top of the table for almost 20 years straight, and while he writes multiple lines, his main sales concept uses annuities and single premium whole life to protect the assets of seniors from eventual confiscation by the government, the hospitals, and the nursing homes and to allow seniors to maintain control and spend almost all of their money while alive and still leave a legacy t their family.

There is a high producing annuity producer, I believe he may live in Tennessee. He only sells annuities. Nothing else. You want life insurance? He can't help you. His thing is fixed index annuities. His name escapes me at the moment but he's been written up in several periodicals over the years. I know I have a copy of one article saved to my office computer or a flash drive - I'll post it here when I find it: It is an excellent lesson in the benefit of specialization.

Do I still write FE? Yes, when I meet with someone and that is their need.

Do I write annuities? Yes, when I meet with someone and that is their need.

Do I write IUL's? Heck no. Not until an insurance company introduces an IUL where the cap rate and the cost of insurance if contractually set in stone from issue will I sell an IUL.

I would advise anyone starting out to pick one sales concept and corresponding product and run with it, own it, become an expert in that concept and the insurance products that solve that problem.

Everything else should be ad hoc.

HI,
I'm researching becoming licensed for life/long term care/disability and am researching IMOs/FMOs. I've seen the below companies and wondering about any feedback on them. I would really like to avoid some of the MLMs that I've seen all over, a few don't look horrible, but I really don't plan to recruit, at least not any time soon as I plan to be a part-time agent for the foreseeable future.

Training is my biggest concern. I've done sales years ago but never in insurance. I'd also like a tech-savvy company as I really do not want to door knock. If I get appointments and need to go there to close, that's fine, but I'm not knocking on stranger's doors. (Yes I know plenty of people do and do well, that's just not me).

1st one - TR King Insurance Marketing Insurance Field Marketing Organization in Roanoke, VA | TR King Insurance Marketing (I'm pretty sure one of the owners is on this forum but would love to hear from agents who signed up).

2nd one - Gordon Marketing - Gordon Marketing - Insurance Broker FMO IMO VMO Don't know much about them but they appear to offer quite a bit for marketing, not as sure on the sales training side.

3rd one - Levinson & Associates - Cary Levinson I saw a training video they had that showed about what they offer agents and they seem pretty comprehensive, but most of it was the tech side. Not really sure on the sales training.

Thanks
Rae
Just keep in mind that if you go with the Gordon ladies, you have to learn to dance badly..

Gordon Marketing - Independent Insurance Agents Need Training and Support - YouTube

HI,
I'm researching becoming licensed for life/long term care/disability and am researching IMOs/FMOs. I've seen the below companies and wondering about any feedback on them. I would really like to avoid some of the MLMs that I've seen all over, a few don't look horrible, but I really don't plan to recruit, at least not any time soon as I plan to be a part-time agent for the foreseeable future.

Training is my biggest concern. I've done sales years ago but never in insurance. I'd also like a tech-savvy company as I really do not want to door knock. If I get appointments and need to go there to close, that's fine, but I'm not knocking on stranger's doors. (Yes I know plenty of people do and do well, that's just not me).

1st one - TR King Insurance Marketing Insurance Field Marketing Organization in Roanoke, VA | TR King Insurance Marketing (I'm pretty sure one of the owners is on this forum but would love to hear from agents who signed up).

2nd one - Gordon Marketing - Gordon Marketing - Insurance Broker FMO IMO VMO Don't know much about them but they appear to offer quite a bit for marketing, not as sure on the sales training side.

3rd one - Levinson & Associates - Cary Levinson I saw a training video they had that showed about what they offer agents and they seem pretty comprehensive, but most of it was the tech side. Not really sure on the sales training.

Thanks
Rae
TRKing (Todd) is a good guy and has great reputation as an IMO... Why not talk with him, see what he specializes in and contract with a company or two to sell those products. Then talk with Levison and contract with a couple of companies for their specialties such as their college scholarship program and sell while you sleep program . If you take care of your responsibility to them and produce, then you will everything both of them offer in the way of training, promotion, etc. That is the advantage of being an independent, you are not tied to one upline.

Do any of you know why you got licensed to sell insurance? I don't see how anyone can point you in the right direction without you being clear on why you are here and why insurance.

Your why is everything.
I got licensed becasue I wanted to be able to wear a tie to work... Now, almost no one wears them.

TRKing (Todd) is a good guy and has great reputation as an IMO... Why not talk with him, see what he specializes in and contract with a company or two to sell those products. Then talk with Levison and contract with a couple of companies for their specialties such as their college scholarship program and sell while you sleep program . If you take care of your responsibility to them and produce, then you will everything both of them offer in the way of training, promotion, etc. That is the advantage of being an independent, you are not tied to one upline.

FYI, I second and third this. The guy is just a great human being. Like, salt of the freaking earth great human being. Not contracted with him as of yet, but if I ever have to make changes in the future, he's at the top of the list to reach out to.

I agree with Newby.

Although I work Telesales for Medicare and my contracts are with Todd and Matt, who are really great..

If you want to do FE or Term Telesales, I'd 100% go with DBGA. Nick and Jeff are really great and offer more than you're going to get from most FMO's in a very simple plug and play system.

That's a personal opinion, so definitely do your research, but pick a section of people, then select your products.

Back