In Fl. the Good Aetna HMO Network Will Be the Bad Coventry HMO Network for 2017

My understanding is Aetna is not going to have HMO plans 2017 and will try to migrate their hmo membership to either the coventry hmo or Aeta PPO Plans. Supposedly the Aetna PPO will still ave the rich network and lower to no plan premiums for 2017

I completed the local market training last week so have more information-
  • Aetna eliminated the $49 premium for their PPO for 2017 and added a deductible for OON benefits.
  • They will still offer Aetna HMO plans in certain counties (Sarasota/Manatee/Lee/Orlando area)-there is a premium only in Lee ($39, up from $29). The HMOs are administered by Coventry in these areas and that is a source of some confusion
  • They also added a $0 comprehensive dental plan to the standard plans, I believe the max benefit is $2,000 in most of the counties where it is offered.

It seems to me that Aetna is trying to attract as many new enrollments as possible for 2017, maybe the Molina acquisition price is dependent upon the subscriber base and their move to a $0 PPO would definitely be an attraction since they have an excellent network throughout the state.

Back