In Need of Advice!

Matsuk325

Hello, I am a 19 year old student majoring in Business management at a community college, in Massachusetts. I have searched and asked many people on how to get started on selling insurance and no one has a definite answer. If someone could please help me out . Ill take any advice I can really get, also if someone could give me some steps on which i should take to get my career started i would highly appreciate that.
- Thank you.

Hello, I am a 19 year old student majoring in Business management at a community college, in Massachusetts. I have searched and asked many people on how to get started on selling insurance and no one has a definite answer. If someone could please help me out . Ill take any advice I can really get, also if someone could give me some steps on which i should take to get my career started i would highly appreciate that.
- Thank you.

Contact a company like AGLA, Western Southern, Combined, Mass Mutual, NYL, etc. and talked to them. Tell them your interest. Ask to a do a ride along with an agent.

- Thank you.

Are you licensed yet?

Ok. I would read this forum about selling insurance.. but I get licensed (P&C) and work in an IA and learn the ropes.. it's not done overnight. you may not end up liking it.. it's not for everyone and it can be somewhat difficult at times, but it could also be very rewarding in many ways. There are many fields in the insurance market and many ways to start. maybe you will like life insurance, or health.. Start by getting licensed, some companies will pay to get you licensed. look into that also. and good luck.

Ok. I would read this forum about selling insurance.. but I get licensed (P&C) and work in an IA and learn the ropes.. it's not done overnight. you may not end up liking it.. it's not for everyone and it can be somewhat difficult at times, but it could also be very rewarding in many ways. There are many fields in the insurance market and many ways to start. maybe you will like life insurance, or health.. Start by getting licensed, some companies will pay to get you licensed. look into that also. and good luck.
How would I go about getting licensed? Is it best to have a company send me or I found a few websites that prepare you for it?

You can go to any of the insurance company and talk to them they will tell you how you can proceed with doing this. Since you are not licensed you will have to undergo training either the company with which you want to work can help you or you can go all by yourself .

Back