Infofree.com Alternatives?

Feb 11 the new pricing and model rolled out. Has more filters and now are able to download emails.

Those on the plan before still have the same features of downloading 10,000 ever 30 min. They call it the Classic plan. Not available to any new subscribers.

Only a matter of time before they pull this one.

The difference between the 2 plans is only more filters. they use the same data sources.

We signed up Monday morning and found out about the 4000 limit. Still advertised as unlimited. This is false advertising!

Even with the limits, still far cheaper than paying $50 per 1000...

Infofree charges 50 per mth and you could download 5000 records every day if you want. Most agents don't need more than the limits anyway. Let's not forget facts here in the interest of full disclosure.

Not meaning to be that guy, but I predicted this would happen.

To answer your question, I don't know of any. It was strange of them to be doing it to begin with. I'm not sure how many more times they'll jack up the pricing before they stop, but I wouldn't expect any company to start offering the unlimited data plans for so cheap.

Even with the limits, still far cheaper than paying $50 per 1000...

Infofree charges 50 per mth and you could download 5000 records every day if you want. Most agents don't need more than the limits anyway. Let's not forget facts here in the interest of full disclosure.

False. They changed their plan to a $50/month for 4,000 downloads. That's still less expensive than the $59/1,000 that I charge folks from the forum ($69/1,000 regularly).

Let's also take a look at some other facts:

The cost of inaccurate data can get expensive. If you're working on old and/or inaccurate data it can cost you more time or more money if you're paying for someone to work it. It will also cost you more in terms of returned mail if you're sending out pieces. It costs money to maintain an accurate database with consistent quality. In my opinion (yes, just an opinion), I don't believe it's financially viable for them to even continue to offer the new plan for any extended period of time. This isn't uncommon, a new company launches and they buy into the market with advertising as well as reduced prices. If you go to their own site they say the regular prices is $99.95, which one could reasonably presume is a direction they're heading in considering their complete end to the plans they had been offering earlier. If that next price increase comes along with a further reduction in the amount of records that can be downloaded, now we're getting closer to industry averages. If a quality list commands a price of 4-10 cents per record and these guys are selling it in effect for 1.25 cents per record, one has to wonder why the price is so low.

Let's also take a look at one other interesting point. InfoFree is part of DatabaseUSA. It's the same guy that started sales genie which eventually raised it's price up to being around $149/month for 2,000 records. It looks like a pattern.

Let me be clear, if folks think that infofree is the way to go then all the power to them. I know some folks have used them with success. I know some folks also rather work with a list broker that has experience marketing and provides top quality data at competitive pricing. There's plenty of business out there for everyone. I obviously think the direction infofree is heading will help my business, but if folks decide to work with infofree (or any other list company for that matter) instead of me then that's just business.

False? I think not. According to the site, in the past 12 months we have downloaded 102,000 records. If I was paying $59 per 1,000, I would have paid around $5,900. The cost is $50 PER MTH. You say a "quality list commands a price of 4-10 cents per record". According to who? You? LOL.

$600 VS $5,900. :D

If any insurance agent that works in the numbers business thinks that spending 10x more for data is a good idea, they need to have their head checked! Even with the recent download limitations I still would have been able to download the data I did over the past 12 months.

Keep selling that koolaid. The data has been very accurate, more so than UsaData when we used them and they were pretty good. I have more experience marketing than most on here and don't need to pay 10 times the cost just so someone can suggest demographics. That is ridiculous. If others feel the need to have their hand held through the process, that's good for them, as long as they know they are being charged an excessive amount for it...

False. They changed their plan to a $50/month for 4,000 downloads. That's still less expensive than the $59/1,000 that I charge folks from the forum ($69/1,000 regularly).

Let's also take a look at some other facts:

The cost of inaccurate data can get expensive. If you're working on old and/or inaccurate data it can cost you more time or more money if you're paying for someone to work it. It will also cost you more in terms of returned mail if you're sending out pieces. It costs money to maintain an accurate database with consistent quality. In my opinion (yes, just an opinion), I don't believe it's financially viable for them to even continue to offer the new plan for any extended period of time. This isn't uncommon, a new company launches and they buy into the market with advertising as well as reduced prices. If you go to their own site they say the regular prices is $99.95, which one could reasonably presume is a direction they're heading in considering their complete end to the plans they had been offering earlier. If that next price increase comes along with a further reduction in the amount of records that can be downloaded, now we're getting closer to industry averages. If a quality list commands a price of 4-10 cents per record and these guys are selling it in effect for 1.25 cents per record, one has to wonder why the price is so low.

Let's also take a look at one other interesting point. InfoFree is part of DatabaseUSA. It's the same guy that started sales genie which eventually raised it's price up to being around $149/month for 2,000 records. It looks like a pattern.

Let me be clear, if folks think that infofree is the way to go then all the power to them. I know some folks have used them with success. I know some folks also rather work with a list broker that has experience marketing and provides top quality data at competitive pricing. There's plenty of business out there for everyone. I obviously think the direction infofree is heading will help my business, but if folks decide to work with infofree (or any other list company for that matter) instead of me then that's just business.

Last edited:
False? I think not.

Yes false. At least that's what Mark Rosenthal says, and according to the VP of sales at InfoFree he's been one of their largest promoters. In light of their decision to make such a drastically large limitation on number of downloads and increasing their price, Mark has decided to not work with them anymore. If you think that he is mistaken on this, maybe you could explain to us why this thread was even started.

According to the site, in the past 12 months we have downloaded 102,000 records. If I was paying $59 per 1,000, I would have paid around $5,900. The cost is $50 PER MTH. You say a "quality list commands a price of 4-10 cents per record". According to who? You? LOL.

According to the market. I don't understand the seemingly personal grudge about the service I offer; this is hardly the first time you've said derogatory things about my business. My pricing is well below that of nearly every competitor, infofree is an anomaly. SalesGenie or any number of other companies (wholesalelists.net, tlclists.com, datamangroup.com, and many others) charge significantly more than I do, often times for lower quality data. If 90%+ of the market is charging in excess of 4-10 cents per record, that's not just me. That's the market. If infofree has decided to offer their services at such a drastically lower price, they're the exception, and by no small margin. It's no surprise that they are adding limitations and raising the prices.

The data has been very accurate, more so than UsaData when we used them and they were pretty good.

Let's face facts here. I have several clients that stopped using UsaData because of having issues with drilling down to T65 records. The quality difference according to them is significant. I also had a call center recently purchase nearly half a million records because out of a test of 5,000 they only had 24 disconnects and had a connect rate nearly twice as high as with their previous vendors and they've worked with several.

I have more experience marketing than most on here and don't need to pay 10 times the cost just so someone can suggest demographics. That is ridiculous. If others feel the need to have their hand held through the process, that's good for them, as long as they know they are being charged an excessive amount for it...

If you think that my charging significantly below market value for lists is "excessive", then you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but anyone that shops around the price of a list with any company that's been around for more than three years and offers a respectable level of quality is going to find that I'm very competitively priced. Anyone that buys my lists and works with them will find that they're extremely high quality and very affordable. I believe it's only a matter of time until infofree prices themselves above me, but time will tell.

I did the $1 trial when Mark was promoting their services on the forum just to check them out. I found that the number of records available was considerably lower than working with a list vendor, and did not continue the service.

Unfortunately I did not take the time to read the fine print, and was charged $42.00 for most of the year and did not even catch it until my CPA did my taxes at the end of the year.

I do see where the program could be beneficial for the right business modal, but it definitely wasn't the right fit for me.

I called them after seeing this thread last week. I signed on with them 10 months ago with a $24.95 per month promo code. I only run about 2K names per month which gives me more business than I can keep up with so a minimum wouldn't bother me. But I was told my promo rate and unlimited plan would remain as long as I kept it in place. We'll see when month 13 arrives. I do get 6-9% bad address return rate, but close rate makes it a great investment even with first-class postage.

I called them after seeing this thread last week. I signed on with them 10 months ago with a $24.95 per month promo code. I only run about 2K names per month which gives me more business than I can keep up with so a minimum wouldn't bother me. But I was told my promo rate and unlimited plan would remain as long as I kept it in place. We'll see when month 13 arrives. I do get 6-9% bad address return rate, but close rate makes it a great investment even with first-class postage.

For the price I think it's a good service they offer. Off of what you're getting in returned postage it would pretty much make up for the spread between what they're offering and the lists that I offer, but if what you have is working for you there is no reason to change it.

Back