• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Insulin, Gabapentin, Metformin.....

ganewbie

Expert
Georgia
63 year old female.

Taking Insulin, Metformin, Gabapentin, also is asthmatic.

Any level coverage? LBL or Trans?

Also, this part always confuses me...on the LBL app:

Within the past 2 years have you been diagnosed, treated, tested positive for, or been given medical advice by a member of the medical profession for:

(e) Complications of diabetes such as nephropathy (kidney), neuropathy (nerve, circulatory), retinopathy (eye) diabetic coma or insulin shock?

So if she has had the neuropathy for over 2 years, its still a yes, because she is being treated with the gabapentin, correct????

63 year old female.

Within the past 2 years have you been diagnosed, treated, tested positive for, or been given medical advice by a member of the medical profession for:

(e) Complications of diabetes such as nephropathy (kidney), neuropathy (nerve, circulatory), retinopathy (eye) diabetic coma or insulin shock?

So if she has had the neuropathy for over 2 years, its still a yes, because she is being treated with the gabapentin, correct????
Banker's Fidelity Level Standard.

A lot of companies don't consider maintenence drugs as treatment. If they've had the condition more than 2 years, had no episodes and no change in meds for those conditions in the past 2 years, they would answer no. Best to check with underwriting if you're not sure. :yes:

63 year old female.

That’s a yes for LBL, and would not be approved for level.

Trans used to take that standard, but if they fill the inhaler more than 6x a year it will be a yes answer to question 10, so the insulin would push it modified.

Another diamond in the rough we found was Phoenix/Nassau. They will take neuropathy. As long as the eyes or kidneys have not been affected.

Their UW for their FE product is identical to their SI term, so it’ll be harder to get approved, but it’s an interesting product. I believe they also take copd level under certain conditions.

63 year old female.

Neuropathy is going to be Modified with LBL. This could be RNA Level as long as insulin started after age 30 and they are not taking Spiriva for the asthma.

63 year old female.

Is the neuropathy due to diabetes?

Back