Insurance Website Designers.

Anyone familiar with Alicorsolutions.com? Not a bad deal. It's like $500 bucks plus 45 per month. Thoughts??

That's an awfully large monthly fee. In two years you're paying a total of over $1,500.

For less than $500 you can have your current site fixed and safe $35/month. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Crabcake Johnny said:
It's up to you. What's "maintain" mean? For most people, they need very simple text updates to their site from time to time - which you can do easily and at no cost with WP.

I'd at least keep the site hosted through you - NOT them. If it's hosted through them and you get tired of paying the $45 then your site could go down.

If hosting is say, $10 per month than it's $420 a year for "maintaining." It's up to you.

Thanks. Have not thought about that. This is such a complex subject for a not-web-savy person like me. Yeah I could host it myself for around $9 but I couldn't find anyone to rework/redesign my Wordpress stuff under 1k I contacted over 10 companies and was having a hard time finding someone who wanted to work with my Wordpress. Alot of people use Wordpress but not many who want to do design work on it . So when it's all said and done I will spend $1,040 and will not have to do much myself. I will reevaluate within the year.

Thanks. Have not thought about that. This is such a complex subject for a not-web-savy person like me. Yeah I could host it myself for around $9 but I couldn't find anyone to rework/redesign my Wordpress stuff under 1k I contacted over 10 companies and was having a hard time finding someone who wanted to work with my Wordpress. Alot of people use Wordpress but not many who want to do design work on it . So when it's all said and done I will spend $1,040 and will not have to do much myself. I will reevaluate within the year.

I think you're making it too complicated. Choose a WP theme you like and basically you're set. I think choosing a theme then trying to have design work done to it is overly complicated.

Josh said:
That's an awfully large monthly fee. In two years you're paying a total of over $1,500.

For less than $500 you can have your current site fixed and safe $35/month. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Josh, any recommendations on who will redo a current Wordpress theme for under $500. Trust me I have went through the numbers, Wordpress is cheaper and hosting myself but I was so frustrated just trying to get my logo to work right in the theme. I don't have the time to fix the site, etc.

Josh, any recommendations on who will redo a current Wordpress theme for under $500. Trust me I have went through the numbers, Wordpress is cheaper and hosting myself but I was so frustrated just trying to get my logo to work right in the theme. I don't have the time to fix the site, etc.

I am using Josh.

He may recommend someone else. :-)

Crabcake Johnny said:
I think you're making it too complicated. Choose a WP theme you like and basically you're set. I think choosing a theme then trying to have design work done to it is overly complicated.

Probably:). But the themes I chose from The Theme Foundry and Elegent Themes I had a bear getting the complimentary colors for my logo, positioning the logo correctly, changing fonts on page layouts and much more. It is easy if you take the time to go to the support forums an figure it all out which was my original intention but now I am swamped with things that are generating me money and me spending 1 hour looking up support forum stuff was stressing me out when I needed to bring in some money. Thank you for your insight it's very very helpful to have outside opinions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
tomlarson_enhance said:
One that I've seen great successes with is Enhance Insurance. (at EnhanceInsurance.com). They create a microsite for you and integrate it with their system so that visitors to Enhance find you if you're located near them. They still have a lot of regions that need agents, and are recognized by the PIA as a legitimate lead generation service. Let me know if you have questions.

That looks like a regular insurance web page. Guess you got another visitor for today :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WinoBlues said:
I am using Josh.

He may recommend someone else. :-)

Oh Josh does web stuff. Dummy me!!

Last edited:
Oh Josh does web stuff. Dummy me!!

I wouldn't be that hard on yourself. I haven't been actively promoting that I do them. I plan to at some point, but no reason to assume I do.

If you want some help I can definitely do that for you. I have about 120 websites personally and have helped some folks build sites and get them to rank well. I am a little backed up at the moment, but depending on what you're looking for I should be able to get it taken care of relatively quickly. Feel free to send me an email, [email protected], if you'd like to have more of a discussion about it.

Probably:). But the themes I chose from The Theme Foundry and Elegent Themes I had a bear getting the complimentary colors for my logo, positioning the logo correctly, changing fonts on page layouts and much more. !

Correct - when you choose a theme then want to change things that's when it can get complicated. I deal with all week long - tell my client to choose a theme they want and I'll get it set up. And that works fine until they decide they want basically everything changed - and now you're into developer's work.

Correct - when you choose a theme then want to change things that's when it can get complicated. I deal with all week long - tell my client to choose a theme they want and I'll get it set up. And that works fine until they decide they want basically everything changed - and now you're into developer's work.

Certainly above and beyond installing a theme. Some are definitely easier to work with than others. I have my favorites because I know how to edit things and where to put them, but some I flat out won't work with.

Part of the reason why wordpress sites are so much less expensive than traditional site is because most of the work is already done. The downside is that they can be much more difficult to change.

Back