Insuranceleads.com Fraud Alert

I won't defend misrepresentation but what is wrong with a lead from a survey?

If the initial method of contact is cold call, there is no consent to contact via CMS managed care marketing guidelines, which applies to medicare advantage, part d, and all medicare products in the state of Ohio.

If the initial contact method was cold call and an agent sells that person a MAPD plan without being disclosed that it was a cold call, they can lose their license, all future mapd commissions, all part d commissions, etc.

It takes 1 offense. It does not matter if you know the law. It does not matter if the lead company did it and you did not know. You are the one responsible for following that law.

I believe there is some sort of fine also attached, and the carrier can also be punished.

It takes 1 phone call from a customer who is unhappy to 800-medicare, then them saying, "yeah this agent's company called me with a telephone survey then they called and sold me this insurance, im not happy with it now", and the CMS rep saying "oh let me start this process, you cannot change this time of year always, but the way they sold it to you is illegal and we can change your plan now by filing a complaint against the agent to get you the health care plan you want."

Then you're toast, the carrier is probably also going to get a slap on the wrist of some sort, and the lead company sells to the next sucker that didn't double check.

Last edited:
I won't defend misrepresentation but what is wrong with a lead from a survey?

Because if you are buying a lead from a lead aggregator they are supposed to be "Live" in that they were online searching for that type of insurance. Not entered into the form online from a mailer someone filled out....I'd call that fraud. We would not allow it if we caught a vendor doing that.

"I won't defend misrepresentation but what is wrong with a lead from a survey? "

LOTS....

Here's a quick few....

Surveys can sometimes be as old as 6 months ago.

Surveys don't really asses if the preson really is interested, more often questions are asked in passing in this manner.."Is it ok if we send you some life quotes?" Which in most cases gets a "yea sure".

I have never found a lead that comes from a survey to be successful. The interest isn't real, it's manufactured by the survey company.

Lots more, but those are a few.

Not only that, but most people are enticed into surveys with some kind of rebate coupon. They could care less about purchasing life insurance.

Let's go back to this insuranceleads.com business. Does anyone ever just click on their adwords ads to make them waste money on bad advertising?

I find that especially tempting when I see the ad on this forum or something like that.

The rep that talked to me today told me that the vender has a great closing ratio. He admitted that they were telemarketing seniors with a survey. Then I asked them how they had a good closing ratio when Advantage people can't change right now.

He said he didn't know.

What are adsense ads?

They're ads that you'll see on websites like my Free Telemarketing Scripts For Everyone! or when you visit this forum. You can get your adsense account banned if it looks funny to google and it looks like you're trying to manipulate the clicks by asking people to do it or automating it. It's something Google takes very seriously (because it's fraud), so it's something publishers need to take very seriously.

Good advice for us all. How do you do your direct marketing? What do you market for? I am asking because I am new to this all. Thanks
Macmarill

Back