Insuranceleads.com ?

shepnerd

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I got offered $100 in free leads from Insuranceleads.com, so gave them a call just to see what they had. Turns out I'd talked to them before so didnt qualify for the $100 credit, but went ahead and turned them on at 2/day to do a test.

My first 5 I had no contact, all but one of the numbers were wrong and who knows on the emails, I tried each with no response. I did get one credit with a bounced back email. Small test, complete waste of time and money. I'm OK with that.

I paused my account at first after those 5- my intention was to door knock the ones I had and see just how full of she-at they were, but its summer and I work full time and the lake took my weekend...ANYWAY, I got another lead a week later and cancelled them immediately. My mistake on that $12 or so, but now I'm still getting leads and they charged my card today. Pretty pissed. Anyone else have this problem?

I called when I got the first lead after I had cancelled and got an answering machine and gave serious thought to cancelling my card so they couldn't take that money, but wasn't paying attention to the date and woke up to the charge this morning. Its only $35, but DAMN does that piss me off.

Anyone else have this experience?

Re: Insuranceleads.com Ripoff?

theyre only going to get worse and worse ... and worse...and worse......

Dispute the charge on your credit card. Hopefully you kept something showing you cancelled?

Yep. I've got the email they sent. F'n ridiculous. I called them 3 times yesterday- basically every time I was in my car and got somewhere (20 minutes or so on hold each time) and left a message all 3 times when I got where I was going. Of course no response.

Its only $30 at this point, but I get REALLY pissed at people trying to steal from me. I'm not an attorney, but used to sue people for a living and personally filed hundreds of cases (and tried over 100 of them in court) when I was in the corporate world. I havent done it in a while, but I used to love making bastards like this pay tons of money for trying this stuff when I was in my 20's and a whole lot less lazy than I am now. These guys have me fired up enough to pull out the old guns just out of general principle, though.

Yep. I've got the email they sent. F'n ridiculous. I called them 3 times yesterday- basically every time I was in my car and got somewhere (20 minutes or so on hold each time) and left a message all 3 times when I got where I was going. Of course no response.

Its only $30 at this point, but I get REALLY pissed at people trying to steal from me. I'm not an attorney, but used to sue people for a living and personally filed hundreds of cases (and tried over 100 of them in court) when I was in the corporate world. I havent done it in a while, but I used to love making bastards like this pay tons of money for trying this stuff when I was in my 20's and a whole lot less lazy than I am now. These guys have me fired up enough to pull out the old guns just out of general principle, though.

Companies that do that know people are getting pissed but count on them never doing anything about it. I gave up buying leads a long time ago. It is a lot less stressful generating my own.

It's not about the money, it's about the insult.

You can get better and more leads standing on the corner of a busy intersection next to a coffin witha sign that says

"Free Coffin Measurements"

I bought from them last year and had good results, spent about 200 and wrote 3 or 4 cases. Tried the same thing this year (since they were bought by a different company) and the results were miserable. Didn't meet with the first person. Most of the numbers were bogus and when I did get in touch with someone they were trying to win a free video game system or something. I think something happened when they got bought out.

You're not alone. When I started with them in October 2009, they were great. Fastforward two years, and I'm lucky to get a bite out of every 200 bucks I spend. I'm through with them as well!

Back