Introduction and Beginning of My Journey

Thanks xrac. Man now that it I don't even know if I have any leverage to bargain. Don't bite the hand that feeds or if you give a mouse a cookie. I'll try.

You do not have to ask pushing but plead your case. You never know until you ask. If you don't ask it ain't going to happen.

Well since this is my thread and is about dead I will update on my status as I progress. I am in the middle (unit 9) of studying the Kaplan course for my P&C. I hope to be finished with the class by next tuesday and take the exam next wednesday!

Well since this is my thread and is about dead I will update on my status as I progress. I am in the middle (unit 9) of studying the Kaplan course for my P&C. I hope to be finished with the class by next tuesday and take the exam next wednesday!

Good luck on the exam.

Daniel,
How did you do on the exam? I too am using Kaplan just wanted to know how you did and what you think of their course for P&C

Daniel,
How did you do on the exam? I too am using Kaplan just wanted to know how you did and what you think of their course for P&C

Kaplan has been pretty great so far. I had a minor set back with the proctoring issue (im still ready to take the test). Turns out they offer free proctoring on their certification tests tuesday and thursday but tomorrow is 4th of july closed.

I'm getting great scores on the practice tests, just remember to start the course officially in the "my courses" tab online.

In my state you need 20 hours of property prelicensing and 20 hours of casualty prelicensing so they split the course up into 2 separate ones in a way. I guess the only negative of Kaplan so far is some of the information overlaps and you need to take duplicate tests for the first few units of each respective class. (in the end not too bad of a thing because it help you retain the information)

Last edited:
Great thanks for the information. I am still working at the bank full time while trying to study to take the test.
I do like the Kaplan so far.
My next step is to figure out if I should go captive or independent. I do have 3 years of insurance experience with Nationwide insurance.
Any advice?

I don't think I am qualified to give advice yet. However I did pass with a 117/138 on my first attempt! Now I think I should switch boards and start trolling on the marketing and p&c boards for a while now.

When I first became an Agent I worked as a Captive Agent. The company had weekley training for newbies. I learned a lot. A couple of years later I went Independent and I pick out the companies I want to represent. I love it.

There is also an agent software that is not available which I just discovered a couple of months ago that can keep track of all your clients for you, track your commissions, allow you to bring the client up with a touch of your keyboard. I love this. No more digging thu my file cabinets. Check it out. It is free for the first 14 days for you to try and if you like it, you are charged a small monthly amount. Click link to read more about.
https://www.radiusbob.com/accounts/new/Agent-Advantage

Back