Is $50K policy possible with no underwriting?

It would be with 4 $25,000 FE policies. You are only working around the diabetes. Obviously the age and hbp are no problem at all. So just pull out the four carriers you have that accept diabetics at preferred or standard at good rates and you are ready to write.

I see, I was thinking you ment 1 policy with one carrier.

JDEasy, that isn't true. I am interested in and appreciative of all responses. As I mentioned in my original post, I rarely write FE so I'm rusty on all this. I am also totally slammed right now with Medicare open enrollment. So I need to go back and talk to my client and get more details on why he doesn't want UW and would he be willing to have some limited health sceening. I will circle back when I have more information.

Last edited:
JDEasy, that isn't true. I am interested in and appreciative of all responses. As I mentioned in my original post, I rarely write FE so I'm rusty on all this. I am also totally slammed right now with Medicare open enrollment. So I need to go back and talk to my client and get more details on why he doesn't want UW and would he be willing to have some limited health sceening. I will circle back when I have more information.

Just pass him off to someone who knows how to write life insurance. Maybe they'll return the favor and send you a Medicare referral.

Sometimes you need to just stick to what you do best and let the rest alone, especially if it is a rabbit trail that keeps you from taking care of your original business. Trust me, I have had to learn this lesson the hard way. :)

Back