Is anyone going to the Convention (National Agents Alliance) (NAA

I don't really understand why everyone coming from NAA is afraid as if AA has command of the law and whatever he says goes. He doesn't really have that much knowledge of the law considering of his blatant fearlessness in breaking it. He raises frivolous lawsuits in attempts of intimidating agents because he knows it will work. Honestly, what is it exactly that he can sue you for ?

I don't really understand why everyone coming from NAA is afraid as if AA has command of the law and whatever he says goes. He doesn't really have that much knowledge of the law considering of his blatant fearlessness in breaking it. He raises frivolous lawsuits in attempts of intimidating agents because he knows it will work. Honestly, what is it exactly that he can sue you for ?
He sues for breach of contract. He has no solid case it's just a way to make you spend money in legal fees

He sues for breach of contract. He has no solid case it's just a way to make you spend money in legal fees

You hear of these things quite a bit...Several Broker / Dealers will tie up a representative when they go independent.

The companies usually have deeper pockets than the rep, and they like to try and tie you up in court, and have you spend meaningless money on lawyers.

It's a sad situation, but it seems to be the world we live in.

You hear of these things quite a bit...Several Broker / Dealers will tie up a representative when they go independent. The companies usually have deeper pockets than the rep, and they like to try and tie you up in court, and have you spend meaningless money on lawyers. It's a sad situation, but it seems to be the world we live in.
It is in fact I know personally some of the people they are sewing just because they left. They took no one with them

I don't see Andy suing agents just for leaving because hundreds do each year if not thousands. I think the issue is when you try to take people with you which is the case with Shawn Meaike. You do have to sign quite the non-compete when you join NAA and it's quite enforceable since you're agreeing to it. Shawn's lawyers are arguing that it's too one sided but his problem is that he used practically the same one word for word!

Last edited:
I don't see Andy suing agents just for leaving because hundreds do each year if not thousands. I think the issue is when you try to take people with you which is the case with Shawn Meaike. You do have to sign quite the non-compete when you join NAA and it's quite enforceable since you're agreeing to it. Shawn's lawyers are arguing that it's too one sided but his problem is that he used practically the same one word for word!
I'm telling you he's suing some people who left and didn't bring anyone over. I know them personally.

I left and he didn't sue me. I believe you but I'm saying there's got to be more to the story than them just quitting. If Andy sued everyone that left NAA he would be broke from just the filing fees! LOL

I left and he didn't sue me. I believe you but I'm saying there's got to be more to the story than them just quitting. If Andy sued everyone that left NAA he would be broke from just the filing fees! LOL
When did you leave? Where did you end up going?

I left a year ago and started my own agency. One of the "losers" that wasn't going to succeed as told to me by several people that are now a part of Shawn's new NAA.

Back