Is Everyone in Western Ky , Tn Southern Ill. ok???

We're OK here but damage all around. Friends 10 miles from us lost their home. Dawson Springs is 20 miles from me. 13 confirmed dead there and 100 missing. I have many clients in one apt complex there that's completely gone. That's where most of the 100 are missing. Cadaver dogs there now. They found 2 bodies in the rubble yesterday. There is no power or phones and cell service just coming back on so there's hope that many evacuated and just haven't been able to make contact.

My wife works at the hospital. It's a madhouse. Every bed full and people trying to find family but not allowed in because of covid restrictions.

11 people killed in a little town about 15 miles from me, Bremen, Ky.

But the real disaster is Mayfield, Ky. That's about 75 miles from me. My neighbor is the ME for the western Ky district. He's been in Mayfield since Sat morning to help identify bodies.

Very sad situations.

We're OK here but damage all around. Friends 10 miles from us lost their home. Dawson Springs is 20 miles from me. 13 confirmed dead there and 100 missing. I have many clients in one apt complex there that's completely gone. That's where most of the 100 are missing. Cadaver dogs there now. They found 2 bodies in the rubble yesterday. There is no power or phones and cell service just coming back on so there's hope that many evacuated and just haven't been able to make contact.

My wife works at the hospital. It's a madhouse. Every bed full and people trying to find family but not allowed in because of covid restrictions.

11 people killed in a little town about 15 miles from me, Bremen, Ky.

But the real disaster is Mayfield, Ky. That's about 75 miles from me. My neighbor is the ME for the western Ky district. He's been in Mayfield since Sat morning to help identify bodies.

Very sad situations.
Wow. Glad you're safe and terrible to hear about the outcome.

I read stories over the weekend about Amazon and that candle factory in Mayfield had people working during all of this. That just sounds crazy to me. Are there a lot of false alarms or something? (that's why so many died in Sandy, the weather reports had these "big hurricane" alerts every year, until there actually was one.)

Wow. Glad you're safe and terrible to hear about the outcome.

I read stories over the weekend about Amazon and that candle factory in Mayfield had people working during all of this. That just sounds crazy to me. Are there a lot of false alarms or something? (that's why so many died in Sandy, the weather reports had these "big hurricane" alerts every year, until there actually was one.)

There were plenty of warnings all day friday. But we get a lot of warnings so I'm sure it wasn't taken as seriously as it should been.

But many people did take cover and many evacuated. But even the ones that did heed the warnings could not have seen it being this bad. I've been picking up pieces of siding, building materials and insulation from my property again today. No telling where that came from. It's all over the fields around here. I went for my run yesterday morning. About 2 miles from my house there was a full 4 X * piece of plywood with siding attached to it in a corn field. No structure within a mile of it. No telling how many miles that had been in the air.

There were plenty of warnings all day friday. But we get a lot of warnings so I'm sure it wasn't taken as seriously as it should been.

But many people did take cover and many evacuated. But even the ones that did heed the warnings could not have seen it being this bad. I've been picking up pieces of siding, building materials and insulation from my property again today. No telling where that came from. It's all over the fields around here. I went for my run yesterday morning. About 2 miles from my house there was a full 4 X * piece of plywood with siding attached to it in a corn field. No structure within a mile of it. No telling how many miles that had been in the air.
Man, those tornadoes are no joke. We actually had your weather reports on the news out here by the west coast.

The loss of life is terrible. I hope that your communities recover as well as they can.

I have to wonder how storms like this affect a carrier's and agent's persistency.
Nothing like the kind of damage we’re seeing in KY, but when I lived in coastal Virginia, a couple of hurricanes caused significant damage. Two companies where I worked as a captive agent while living there would usually extend grace periods by a few weeks for situations like this. Most of our clients did their best to avoid lapsing. Those that did lapse were offered automatic reinstatement for several months afterward. Hopefully most of the carriers will make similar offers for this event.

I lived in Southern California during my teen years, where wildfires would sometimes raze entire communities. I later lived in hurricane country for several years. I now live in tornado alley. I’ve personally witnessed some really extensive property damage and have even had a couple of friends lose their life as a result of severe weather. But I’ve never seen anything like what I’ve been seeing on the news these past few days!

Praying for all!

Back