Is Everyone in Western Ky , Tn Southern Ill. ok???

We're OK here but damage all around. Friends 10 miles from us lost their home. Dawson Springs is 20 miles from me. 13 confirmed dead there and 100 missing. I have many clients in one apt complex there that's completely gone. That's where most of the 100 are missing. Cadaver dogs there now. They found 2 bodies in the rubble yesterday. There is no power or phones and cell service just coming back on so there's hope that many evacuated and just haven't been able to make contact.

My wife works at the hospital. It's a madhouse. Every bed full and people trying to find family but not allowed in because of covid restrictions.

11 people killed in a little town about 15 miles from me, Bremen, Ky.

But the real disaster is Mayfield, Ky. That's about 75 miles from me. My neighbor is the ME for the western Ky district. He's been in Mayfield since Sat morning to help identify bodies.

Very sad situations.
JD glad you and your fanily are OK. Unfortunately. It sounds as you and your wife both will be overworked in the comming weeks. Her with the increased load at the hopital and you with claims.

There were plenty of warnings all day friday. But we get a lot of warnings so I'm sure it wasn't taken as seriously as it should been.

But many people did take cover and many evacuated. But even the ones that did heed the warnings could not have seen it being this bad. I've been picking up pieces of siding, building materials and insulation from my property again today. No telling where that came from. It's all over the fields around here. I went for my run yesterday morning. About 2 miles from my house there was a full 4 X * piece of plywood with siding attached to it in a corn field. No structure within a mile of it. No telling how many miles that had been in the air.

We're all glad to see you're okay! I was wondering how close it got to you. This is such a tragedy! I've seen tornado and hurricane damage, but I'm not sure I've seen devastation like this before!

Back