Votes: 4 18.2%
  • NorthStar

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Senior Life

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Securus

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
The only way a non compete is enforceable is if a company can prove real damages.

Don’t steal clients or cheat the agency that you’re leaving and you’re fine.

Steal stuff that’s not yours, and it certainly is enforceable.

Regarding telesales....

You shouldn’t ask people who don’t know how to make sales over the phone their opinion about selling over the phone.

Unless an agency is 100% Telesales, they are not telesales.

I only do F2F FE and close 20+ of my leads. What is the average close ratio for phone sales?

Widely depends on the type.of lead your working and how funny math is.

We count every lead taken divided by every sale made. Some people count every presentation given which is funny cause you still paid for all.those non presentation leads

We have a few agents close over 20% weekly but I'd say the vast majority close 15-17% on our paid live transfers. That doesn't sound great on the surface but here is the kicker...

1. Our average annual premium is over 800 every week.
2. Our agents pay $25/lead on our pre-qualified live transfers so.they are spending less than any fixed cost Direct mail program
3. No driving, night or weekends.
4. Believe it or not, our persistence is probably better than most f2f agents.

I was all set to sign up with Northstar, but after my interview yesterday, I found out about a big non-negotiable: I am absolutely not comfortable that I would have to sign a non-compete contract, which would mean if anything happened and it didn't work out, I couldn't do any telesales for a whole year. That's not ok, and I'm sad that it would be a requirement. I know: Boo Hoo, and get over it.
I also REALLY like DGBA, but I'm freaked out by the huge ask of spending $650-850/week for their leads. I just....I just don't have that kind of start up capital. I just don't, especially as I'd be required to be a full time agent, depending on making sales, and I'd be absolutely dependent on the commission. I have no interest in facing a LuLaRoe-type of fallout, if I were met with massive chargebacks. I don't know how much this can be mitigated, but it seems like a disaster waiting to happen.
And after watching Doug Massai's video, about FE telesales, sharing his advice that FE Sales is next to impossible, and to stay away from anyone who asks me to sign a non-compete contract (which NorthStar does), I'm just absolutely lost now. When I contacted Doug on YouTube about my fear of doing F2F, he quite bluntly told me this insurance business may not be for me. So....it's not for me because I don't wish to put myself in a vulnerable situation? That's it? I need to fold it up and do something else with my life, because I don't wish to be in danger? Gee, Thanks!
I know that anything F2F in a stranger's home, is not for me, as I don't want to put my life on the line.
I worked so hard to get licensed. I closed my last business, and poured my savings into my startup to work with Equis Financial. When I discovered the whole bogus scam of their leads system, it pissed me off, but I wasn't deterred. When I had my near miss with a FE lead, that was a violent felon, it has absolutely deflated me. I had a near panic attack when I tried to go out on the field again, and haven't stepped foot back into F2F since it happened in May. I never, EVER want to put myself into a scary situation ever again. And yes, it is VERY different for men: you are far less likely to be physically attacked and assaulted.
And, I don't have anyone to buddy up with for my live appointments, unless you were wondering.
Telesales and being a virtual agent seemed like an answer to my prayers....
I just don't know what to do.

I signed a non-compete with Northstar a few years ago. I was not a fan of non competes.and still am not. The reason I signed theirs was simple, I know if telesales didn't work with them i wasn't going to try with anyone else.

I think you should look at what's to.lose and what's to gain when deciding. In my case, I knew I could keep.roght on selling f2f if it didn't work out. It has worked.out tho so no longer a f2f guy.

You shouldn’t ask people who don’t know how to make sales over the phone their opinion about selling over the phone.

Truth

In the late 90's a guy taught me how to sell U65 health insurance by phone to internet leads. I never looked back.

The biggest challenge is getting them to give you their SSN and bank info. On a good call I can get that in less than 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes me a week or more to earn their trust. Total time on the phone about an hour.

I’m very very surprised a middle to upper class person would dare give out financial info to a stranger on the phone .

P
I’m very very surprised a middle to upper class person would dare give out financial info to a stranger on the phone .

People not only give me their dob, ssn, medical hx, address, DL#, employer's name and address. Also their children's info. Then refer me to their mom so she can give me her info. Many times they text me copies of their ID and a void check.

Back