Lead Sources (Direct Mail)

If you've been able to stay in business writing MP at 65% with $27 leads you're doing better than most. You need to explore your options. Let me know if you need any help.

I'll second that. I was under the (mistaken) impression the leads were free, you were just having a a reduced commission. You should talk to Brad about what he can do for you. Unless the $27 leads are waiting with baited breath for you to come and sign them up, that's an awful lot to pay with a 65% contract. At that level the leads should be free.

I know several companies that would do mail outs for you at the cost of $.40 per piece.

You also get a chance to look at your replies on-line as they come back from the clients. Let me know if you need my sources.

I 2nd the idea about calling Brad Aden. He has some excellent contracts and can help you get your own lead program going.
You currently do NOT have a fair deal. Not even if you are in training.

I have been selling mostly Mortgage Protection but recently have been doing Final Expense. I like working the senior market and would like to do more Final Expense and Med Supp.

If you are want to work the seniors market I would also talk to Frank. That is his specialty.

I have been selling mostly Mortgage Protection but recently have been doing Final Expense. I like working the senior market and would like to do more Final Expense and Med Supp.

If you would like to talk about the Med Supp market give me a call. I've been doing it for over sixteen years and can give you some pointers on getting started. I also have excellent contracts for Med Supps.

Thanks everyone. I had no idea that my commissions were low. I started at a 55% contract and based on production I have been able to move up to 65%. The higher the commission level, the more leads cost. 80% is about the highest an agent can go unless they are writing over 50k a month in AP or have a team collectively writing that.

No, the clients are not waiting with baited breath (that would be nice). I do well with persistency and closing. But for every ten leads, I book appointments with 5 on average and close about 75% on the first appt.

I have emailed Frank and Brad. I really enjoy the senior market, the majority of my appointments and closes are with people 60 and over. I do not do well with younger couples. So I would love to focus on Final Expense,Med Supp, and Fixed Indexed Annuities.

...the majority of my appointments and closes are with people 60 and over. I do not do well with younger couples. So I would love to focus on Final Expense,Med Supp, and Fixed Indexed Annuities.

if i may ask, why is it that you do better with the older couples?

I had no idea that my commissions were low. I started at a 55% contract and based on production I have been able to move up to 65%. The higher the commission level, the more leads cost. 80% is about the highest an agent can go unless they are writing over 50k a month in AP or have a team collectively writing that.

Smells like NAA? :err:

Honestly, I ask myself the same question all of the time and I have no idea.
Seniors just seem to be a lot more responsive and open to me.
Maybe its my own energy that I am projecting in the home that makes a difference.

Jennifer Bledsoe
Main Street Power Mail Inc.
P. 866-540-6797 Ext. 118

This is who I use for direct mail.

Back