Lead Sources (Direct Mail)

Honestly, I ask myself the same question all of the time and I have no idea.
Seniors just seem to be a lot more responsive and open to me.
Maybe its my own energy that I am projecting in the home that makes a difference.

It may very well be that you are not concentrating on trying to "sell" them something, rather you may project that you are there to educate them and help them make a well-informed, intelligent decision.

Agents who walk in the door intent on making a sale rarely do as well.

It may very well be that you are not concentrating on trying to "sell" them something, rather you may project that you are there to educate them and help them make a well-informed, intelligent decision.

Agents who walk in the door intent on making a sale rarely do as well.
ah, thanks once again for an apposite answer, frank. you knew what i was fishing for.

Frank, you are right. I think with younger people I go in trying to prove myself. I don't think I do that with seniors. I just treat them like I would my grandmother

Frank, you are right. I think with younger people I go in trying to prove myself. I don't think I do that with seniors. I just treat them like I would my grandmother

When I go on an appointment it is very casual and conversational. I have found that people don't like to be sold but really appreciate help in making a decision regardless of their age.

I would not describe what I do as "selling insurance".

Smells like NAA? :err:

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and smells like a duck...well you know the rest.

His lead costs also go up with every increase in commission. His next step is a 70% contract, then 75, then 80. 80 is the top with them as a broker. To get to 85%, you have to become an agency manager.

I've done the drill.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and smells like a duck...well you know the rest.

His lead costs also go up with every increase in commission. His next step is a 70% contract, then 75, then 80. 80 is the top with them as a broker. To get to 85%, you have to become an agency manager.

I've done the drill.

I think Jdeasy is right. I am thinking duck.

BTW - I am a "she" :yes:

Anyway, I really don't want to slam any organization (IMO). I just realize that it is no longer for me and thanks to this board, I have been able to get in contact with someone that has given me a lot of insight and direction.

I'll second that. I was under the (mistaken) impression the leads were free, you were just having a a reduced commission. You should talk to Brad about what he can do for you. Unless the $27 leads are waiting with baited breath for you to come and sign them up, that's an awful lot to pay with a 65% contract. At that level the leads should be free.

As a newbie myself, I'm just curious if there there are companies offering low cost or free leads?

Back