Leads/objections

Sir were talking about Medicare leads that have heavy compliance issues . You can’t say many things setting appts .
Actually you can knock Medicare Leads until your toes fall off. You're talking about MA plans. CMS can't say squat when it comes to Original Medicare. They sure would like to but they're not there yet.

Yesterday I quoted Chapter 4 Verse 28 of the AHIP Bible that talks about how you can talk to folks about MA. Verse 29 goes further. It says that we can't even lead with another product and that's bull shit. CMS has no control over me if I'm talking about life, DI or OM.

The only company that I know of that restricts knocking for a supplement is UHC. And the only state that I know of that restricts it is Ohio. I sell in Ohio but I'm 70 years old. I'm not about to walk that damn far.

Still somewhat new to insurance sales - specifically in the Medicare market. Still only on a part-time basis though. Any advice on how to handle leads from an FMO. Once in a while, I will get a couple of leads– most recent had to do with DSNP plan. This lead apparently sent something back requesting information(BRC). I get the lead. Prospect says they never recall sending anything in, and were happy with what they had. Any Advise on pulling more information out from the prospect and having more success with potentially switching out their plans. Kind of looking for some guidance on overcoming objections/training(don’t get any training from FMO). As most of the other leads I have have been very warm/referrals so they been pretty easy.

Ask only open ended questions to keep the conversation going and always assume the sale by asking- And Then??????

Actually you can knock Medicare Leads until your toes fall off. You're talking about MA plans. CMS can't say squat when it comes to Original Medicare. They sure would like to but they're not there yet.

Yesterday I quoted Chapter 4 Verse 28 of the AHIP Bible that talks about how you can talk to folks about MA. Verse 29 goes further. It says that we can't even lead with another product and that's bull shit. CMS has no control over me if I'm talking about life, DI or OM.

The only company that I know of that restricts knocking for a supplement is UHC. And the only state that I know of that restricts it is Ohio. I sell in Ohio but I'm 70 years old. I'm not about to walk that damn far.

Correct but he said dsnp lead . And you can door knock T-65 . I mean nobody’s going to stop door knocking all leads to be honest . Just like phone centers will continue doing there things . Tell contracts are termed and renewals taken nothing changes

Once in a while, I will get a couple of leads– most recent had to do with DSNP plan.

Extrapolating . . . most of the leads you have received in the past are "Medicare" . . . only recently you got a few DSNP leads. That is a unique market that will drive most agents crazy. Whether you say or go somewhere else, upgrade your market to something with more stability.

As others have suggested, you should pursue a different FMO. Some good suggestions in this thread. Contact each of them and "interview" them to figure out if one (or more) might be a good fit.

Extrapolating . . . most of the leads you have received in the past are "Medicare" . . . only recently you got a few DSNP leads. That is a unique market that will drive most agents crazy. Whether you say or go somewhere else, upgrade your market to something with more stability.

As others have suggested, you should pursue a different FMO. Some good suggestions in this thread. Contact each of them and "interview" them to figure out if one (or more) might be a good fit.
Best advice yet

You need sales practice but here’s a secret…

I totally suck at this type of lead. Anything blind calling is worthless for me.

But I am fabulous at networking and consultation sales.

Just because you suck at leads, doesn’t mean you can’t succeed but you’ve got up find out what works for you.

And read 10:3:1 on sales techniques

For this example, the response is “I’m so sorry! The boss handed me this card and told me to call you. Can I follow up with you in the fall for the Annual Election Period?”

Having a list to email on 9/1 is never a waste of time.

That’s tough because they deny sending in and are happy . There’s a great chance your fmo is giving you aged leads that are very old . I’d say go knock on a dsnps door and show them the lead card but you can’t do that if you want to be compliant. 2 agents door knocked my clients the past month and switched their plans . I saved both . Even on the phone you can’t mention specific benefits unless you have a soa signed . Next yr that will require 48 hrs between the scope signed and you talking about benefits . If agents are truely compliant next yr doing business will be challenging.

I know this is an old thread, but I don't check the forum here all that often so it took me two weeks to see I was mentioned. But, it's an interesting thread!

I am curious why you think it's going to be difficult doing business next year. It's basically a reset to the rules from 2018 only slightly less restrictive than it was back then.

What is going to make things so tough? I'm looking forward to the return of the 48 hour soa and the death of all the mapd slingers.

And, for what it's worth, it's always been non compliant to door knock for mapd. CMS just issued a reminder.

I know this is an old thread, but I don't check the forum here all that often so it took me two weeks to see I was mentioned. But, it's an interesting thread!

I am curious why you think it's going to be difficult doing business next year. It's basically a reset to the rules from 2018 only slightly less restrictive than it was back then.

What is going to make things so tough? I'm looking forward to the return of the 48 hour soa and the death of all the mapd slingers.

And, for what it's worth, it's always been non compliant to door knock for mapd. CMS just issued a reminder.

You think just because your agents use fe leads to sell fe then cross sell to mapd it’s compliant ? Their doing in the same sit which isn’t complaint. Ok let’s pretend your agents are compliant . Let’s say the client asked them about mapd with a fe lead . To be compliant they must get the soa right then and come back 48 hrs . Not a snowball chance in hell that happening . The old 48 hr rule you could check a box and say 48 hr couldn’t be done . The rules will change nothing . Gunslinging will continue.

You think just because your agents use fe leads to sell fe then cross sell to mapd it’s compliant ? Their doing in the same sit which isn’t complaint. Ok let’s pretend your agents are compliant . Let’s say the client asked them about mapd with a fe lead . To be compliant they must get the soa right then and come back 48 hrs . Not a snowball chance in hell that happening . The old 48 hr rule you could check a box and say 48 hr couldn’t be done . The rules will change nothing . Gunslinging will continue.

Why do you always pretend to know what FEX agents are doing? No one with Nick is writing FE and MAPD in the same sit.

Why do you always pretend to know what FEX agents are doing? No one with Nick is writing FE and MAPD in the same sit.

That’s bs and double bs . I’m close to some of the higher up FEX agents and they write both in the same sit . He asked a question and I answered . Nick did a seminar at Brindles conference cross selling mapd from fe I believe . But here’s the secret few agents know . Your dsnp mapd ( which almost all fe agents write ) will be stolen quicker that you can blink an eye unless you spend huge time baby sitting it . Hi vol fe agents write and run , write and run . You do that in mapd and you won’t make squat . Guys like me will replace you left and right .

Back