Learning to Prospect is Important

I am currently using Callfire and they do have the barge in feature. It is really nice to be able to monitor agents with. I also use a instant messenger to chat with the agent while they are calling.

ah, good to know. seems like a really good feature. still playing with it.

Last edited:
Back in the old days, new agents only learned how to prospect and you could not buy any leads. My father use to go door to door and all kinds of things you would not do today that worked back then.

Too many new agents are becoming lead junkies and as soon as the leads run out, they will be out of business.

You should always be thinking of who you can go help next. Find a niche or a group of people that have a problem and get go help them.

Look for people that have been declined for insurance and find a product and company that will take them. If you just listen to the prayer request at church, you will hear of tons of people that just had a heart attack, stroke, or cancer that you need to see if you can help them with some insurance.

I used a prospecting books for years. Each Monday, I would write down every person that I thought I could go see or talk to about buying insurance. So if I knew someone that just had a baby, or just moved into a new home, I would write their name down and go see them.

Prospecting is not that hard to do these days. The ways that you do it will always change and you are always having to figure out how to help clients and get in front of them.

excellent points. Maybe agents are running out of recycled ideas and product pitches.

Prospecting is not a problem. If you have something that is important and valuable to talk about, you should have no problem filling your calendar with people to speak with. In fact, if the information is valuable enough, people will not only line up to hear you talk about it, but they'll also pay you money to hear it.

Ask yourself if you're adding value on a regular basis providing insightful and unique insights into your core competencies, …or if you are simply a product peddler, spitting out the same information that anyone with a similar license can sell.

Be unique and others will sing your praises...resulting in referrals and new opportunities.

If only some guy on here would invent some type of computer program so we can put all of our prospects into a system... Hmmm.. Now that would be an idea..

I know what you mean. That is going to be a tough one to come up with. Something that would have a clients and prospects database, reports, built in mail merge, time date/stamps comments? You probably want it to be affordable also. Don't know of anything offhand.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
... people will not only line up to hear you talk about it, but they'll also pay you money to hear it.

Do you know that this is an insurance forum? :twitchy:

Last edited:
Prospecting is not a problem. If you have something that is important and valuable to talk about, you should have no problem filling your calendar with people to speak with. In fact, if the information is valuable enough, people will not only line up to hear you talk about it, but they'll also pay you money to hear it.

This is the generic advice that does no good for anyone. Tell us, what are you doing, specifically, and what products are you selling that people are paying money to hear you speak about?

This is the generic advice that does no good for anyone. Tell us, what are you doing, specifically, and what products are you selling that people are paying money to hear you speak about?

He posted the exact same statement in another thread. I asked him if he knew that this was an insurance forum.

Statements like that usually come from someone who has written a book and is trying to sell it or from a motivational speaker, very seldom from an insurance agent It is very much like those who are always quoting someone else but have very few original thoughts themselves.

In theory their thoughts may sound solid but very seldom have little substance in real life situations.

I'm not making accusations, just asking, like you, for some substance.

Back