Legacy Safeguard Funeral Planning

Free service but dealing with a bit of extra mail doesn't sound too bad to me.

It is not a case of dealing with mail.. It is them selling a competing product to your clients; taking premium dollars out of their pocket that you could be getting commission on. Or even worse, another IMO gets your client list and sends their agents by to replace your business.

I learned long ago, the fewer people that have access to your client list, the better.. That includes companies, IMOs etc. I have seen IMOs, General Agents, and even companies send in-house agents into an independent agent's house to write additional business or even replace what is in force. I will never again place all my business where one third party has access to it.

I use Dignity Planning dot com, to go through the options that are available, and sometimes not thought of, then once we get a number, I check all my FE companies, and quote the least expensive.

How's that for not letting anyone get hold of my FE client?

:biggrin:

If someone can call on someone you have worked with, and sell them something, then they weren't REALLY a client, were they? My true clients tell these people, "My insurance agent has my best interest at heart, thank you, and the cheapest isn't always the best. CLICK!"

It is not a case of dealing with mail.. It is them selling a competing product to your clients; taking premium dollars out of their pocket that you could be getting commission on. Or even worse, another IMO gets your client list and sends their agents by to replace your business.

I learned long ago, the fewer people that have access to your client list, the better.. That includes companies, IMOs etc. I have seen IMOs, General Agents, and even companies send in-house agents into an independent agent's house to write additional business or even replace what is in force. I will never again place all my business where one third party has access to it.

So telling a client about Legacy Safeguard could lead to a competing agent showing up at their door?

So telling a client about Legacy Safeguard could lead to a competing agent showing up at their door?

Haven't heard of any problems with Legacy but it would certainly be possible. It has happened in similar situations.. How many times has the Legacy plan closed a sale for you that you would not have closed without it? That would determine if it is worth the chance.

Haven't heard of any problems with Legacy but it would certainly be possible. It has happened in similar situations.. How many times has the Legacy plan closed a sale for you that you would not have closed without it? That would determine if it is worth the chance.

I would never use this to close a sale. Just sounds like a nice thing to tell clients about.

If it would later cost me a sale than no need to mention it.

Anyone know how long it takes for Legacy Safeguard to send out their kit? I signed up for myself and a client three weeks ago and have seen nothing from them yet.

Anyone know how long it takes for Legacy Safeguard to send out their kit? I signed up for myself and a client three weeks ago and have seen nothing from them yet.
it does take up to four weeks sometimes. I would call them again to do a follow up. Had a client call me today asking about their package also. I just told him that a lot of agents give this out for free and that means a lot of clients are signing up. It takes a little extra time because of that........

Im with Monumental FE and they are pushing the Legacy Safeguard University. Has anyone achieved success using this product? I have just started looking into it.

I use Dignity Planning dot com, to go through the options that are available, and sometimes not thought of, then once we get a number, I check all my FE companies, and quote the least expensive.

How's that for not letting anyone get hold of my FE client?

:biggrin:

If someone can call on someone you have worked with, and sell them something, then they weren't REALLY a client, were they? My true clients tell these people, "My insurance agent has my best interest at heart, thank you, and the cheapest isn't always the best. CLICK!"

thats the infamous SCI group, not sure Id want them having my client list

Back