Legacy Safeguard Funeral Planning

There is no service that you need to pay for that could ever possibly save you thousands on funeral costs.

Everyone can price a cheap funeral for themself. If you want to pay a service to grind the price down for you that's fine. But it's very easy for your own kids to get the same price without paying anyone else.

No one has to pay for Legacy Safeguard membership. You use this to start a conversation and get the person to start thinking about pre-planning. Give your client the information to shop intelligently and save money themselves. Show them they don't have to go to an overpriced funeral director to complete their final wishes.

Had a call this morning from a fellow saying he represented "Equitable" to talk to me about the Heritage plan. I asked him if he were in Texas and he said he was. I then asked, "So you are actually with Legacy Safeguard" and he said, "Yes" and asked if I would use that product. I told him I was hesitant to release my client files to some one that did direct marketing themselves. He said, "OK, thanks".. It ended that abruptly.. He did not even try to assure me they would not market to the clients that they gained access through my using their service when selling final expense. :1baffled:

Had a call this morning from a fellow saying he represented "Equitable" to talk to me about the Heritage plan. I asked him if he were in Texas and he said he was. I then asked, "So you are actually with Legacy Safeguard" and he said, "Yes" and asked if I would use that product. I told him I was hesitant to release my client files to some one that did direct marketing themselves. He said, "OK, thanks".. It ended that abruptly.. He did not even try to assure me they would not market to the clients that they gained access through my using their service when selling final expense. :1baffled:

Maybe you didn't pass his low IQ profile he is searching for.

Is Dignity Planning the same risk also?

Well, I can't say for sure but there is probably a good reason that Security National Life dropped them. Don't get me wrong, they only used Dignity for their first year in FE so there is nothing for us to be concerned about!

Giving any company my clients information, just sounds like a bad idea.

Well, I can't say for sure but there is probably a good reason that Security National Life dropped them. Don't get me wrong, they only used Dignity for their first year in FE so there is nothing for us to be concerned about! Giving any company my clients information, just sounds like a bad idea.

I would think that was a real bad decision to hook up in the first place. Dignity is owned by Service Corporation which tries to run Mom and Pop Funeral Homes out of biz and sells only American Memorial in their Dignity branded Funeral Homes.

SNL sells their pre-need product through locally owned (Mom and Pop) Funeral Homes who see Dignity as the Devil.

I can't imagine that that association or 12 for them

----------

I would think that was a real bad decision to hook up in the first place. Dignity is owned by Service Corporation which tries to run Mom and Pop Funeral Homes out of biz and sells only American Memorial in their Dignity branded Funeral Homes. SNL sells their pre-need product through locally owned (Mom and Pop) Funeral Homes who see Dignity as the Devil. I can't imagine that that association or 12 for them

That last line was supposed to be I can't imagine that association worked well for them.

Ive seen the pitch for FCGS for LH, and they tell the prospect how they will help the family save money on a batesville casket, etc etc. and help make arrangements etc. Dignity Memorial is run by SCI like Newby said. They will do a funeral for as much as 100%+ from what I've priced myself around town. They want 1500-2k to burn a body, the creamatoriums where most of em done anyway do for $500. The caskets can be bought online or through costco easily for much less than 1/2 the retail price, and by law funeral homes must recive a families casket from whence it comes.

Did you really think any of these would offer all this help for nothing. With FCGS I see it as an value added attempt to distract the client from the cost of the insurance and make them feel like they are buying something they really arent. With Dignity, its a simple lead flow for SCI funeral homes. Their is nothing wrong with them, many people use them obviously, but they are very high priced. Of course not eveyone wants to go price shopping 24 hours after a death in the family - not fun.

Legacy Safe- Im trying to figure out what the catch is though, nothing is ever free. Lets be real, they cant have agents passing out 1000's of free memberships each month and nothing coming back to them, after all they are not a 501(c) or nor affiliated with the government. Are they simply funded by the insurance companies like MO & NGL and if so then for what purpose? Or are they compiling a marketing list for other goods and services to market???

Ive seen the pitch for FCGS for LH, and they tell the prospect how they will help the family save money on a batesville casket, etc etc. and help make arrangements etc. Dignity Memorial is run by SCI like Newby said. They will do a funeral for as much as 100%+ from what I've priced myself around town. They want 1500-2k to burn a body, the creamatoriums where most of em done anyway do for $500. The caskets can be bought online or through costco easily for much less than 1/2 the retail price, and by law funeral homes must recive a families casket from whence it comes. Did you really think any of these would offer all this help for nothing. With FCGS I see it as an value added attempt to distract the client from the cost of the insurance and make them feel like they are buying something they really arent. With Dignity, its a simple lead flow for SCI funeral homes. Their is nothing wrong with them, many people use them obviously, but they are very high priced. Of course not eveyone wants to go price shopping 24 hours after a death in the family - not fun. Legacy Safe- Im trying to figure out what the catch is though, nothing is ever free. Lets be real, they cant have agents passing out 1000's of free memberships each month and nothing coming back to them, after all they are not a 501(c) or nor affiliated with the government. Are they simply funded by the insurance companies like MO & NGL and if so then for what purpose? Or are they compiling a marketing list for other goods and services to market???

Legacy Safeguard is a product of an NMO Premier Senior Marketing. The payoff is it helps recruit agents and it builds a customer base to market to.

Not a charity. Not evil either.

I use Legacy Safeguard, and I work with Premier. Here are a few things I can say from my experiences over the year:

1)None of my clients have been solicited to for other services after I enroll them - but time could tell differently.

2)It does take a while to get the membership kits out, 3-4 weeks. They do it by bulk mail to save cost, which makes sense

3)The membership and 'sales system' is free for both parties (agent and client)

4)It works for me as a door opener and conversation starter. And helped be get the feel of a FE presentation when I started. If your completely new to FE this may be a helpful tool for you, but maybe not. I can tell you as of now, my presentation does look different than it did then.

5)I got a call from Legacy about one of my clients passing, after the family called into their office for help. Legacy put in a ton of work for them and it really helped them. They saved money on the funeral, had a few written thoughts from their family member. After the claims and everything else settled, they were very appreciative of the service they received, and even gave me a ton of referrals, which led to sales.

All in all, I can't say if they do market to your clients. I use Legacy and work with Premier, to date I've had no issues with either. I can't see an NMO selling off your client's info to other agencies. From what I can tell on this site, it's a small world when it comes to large FE firms.

Back