Life Time limits gym access for Medicare seniors, prioritizing other members

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Life Time limits gym access for Medicare seniors

Currently, seniors enrolled in Medicare health insurance plans don't face time limitations and can visit any Life Time club at any time without paying individually. But starting in January, the Chanhassen-based fitness chain will restrict Medicare members to visiting between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. on weekdays and after 2 p.m. on Saturdays. There won't be restrictions on Sundays.

Gym industry experts said while it's a bit unusual, Life Time's decision reflects the growing challenge fitness centers face in trying to accommodate discount memberships while preserving their bottom line.

Life Time said the changes came after negotiations with Medicare fitness program administrators about the rate the programs will pay the company on behalf of Medicare members. The rate Medicare providers pay is significantly discounted from the standard membership, which can be as high as $299 a month.

Paying $299 a month for a gym membership is insane when YMCA is $20 and 24hr fitness is $42.99

Th lifetime clubs are tiered by how fancy they are. Some of the new ones are like country clubs, without golf. At $150 per month, you can get a pretty nice gym. The $299 clubs, are rare. The renew active on mapd's get access to these clubs, which is quite a perk, IMO.

Th lifetime clubs are tiered by how fancy they are. Some of the new ones are like country clubs, without golf. At $150 per month, you can get a pretty nice gym. The $299 clubs, are rare. The renew active on mapd's get access to these clubs, which is quite a perk, IMO.

Definitely a great perk! I would go if it were free but 24hrFitness at $42 a month is good enough for me, I'll just wait another 25 years haha

I have an agent that has a UHC retail table at Lifetime fitness two days a month. It is a great organization, unbelievable gym.

They allow you to come in early if you take one of their senior Aurora classes.

Additionally, if you have Renew Active, they offer a program at a discounted rate that provides unlimited access for seniors

Back