MA dental claims

I don't have dental insurance and haven't had any for 15 years. Even that was garbage through my wife's employer.

Similar situation for 1 replacement crown (no root canal) and one somewhat enormous and old (40 yrs) amalgam filling that was leaking . . . replaced with a crown. Both had decay but only the amalgam filling indicated decay, the crown was a mystery until it was removed.

My experience with dental plans as a client and agent is, group plans are generally better than individual plans but only marginally.

They are essentially useless when using them for major care.

(Caveat, not an agent)

I think you have allowed yourself to be snookered by an opinion you formed based on perspective.

For a short period of time in 2021 I had 3 individual dental insurance policies.

A UHC product comparable to one of 6-8 current under 65 products

A BCBSKS product, the top one of 2 products geared to the senior market

A Delta Dental KS product, the third highest of 4 individual products

Each one of my 3 policies

and they also

Presenting a dental insurance product in year A with a list of covered procedures and in year B with a list of categories of dental services covered does not necessarily mean the underlying dental insurance product has changed.

It was just marketed to consumers in year A with a presentation that could be construed as exclusive. It was then marketed to consumers in year B with a presentation that could be construed as inclusive.

I think it is likely that the UHC MAPD dental product was basically the same in 2022 and 2023, just presented differently.

Nope. Sorry, they are completely different. You wouldn’t know that because you’re not an agent.

Latest posts

Back