Mapd Commission Payment

I see Humana posted renewal commission statements on 1/13/16. Nice little check there.

Mine only shows the PDP renewals. Not MAPD renewals. Was paid last week on the AEP enrollment with Humana. Still a nice check though. My Cigna check will be MUCH nicer.

And if you keep the drug list I.D. and password date, all you have to do is give them that so they don't have to re-enter everything. Just make the necessary changes to current meds. I have a spreadsheet with every clients name, zip code, drug list I.D. and password date. Makes it easier to run comparisons. I've been threatening to give up doing PDP business and send out a training tutorial to all of my clients along with their drug list I.D. and password date. This next AEP just may be when that happens.

I continue to deal with it if someone buys medical from me. Gives me another opportunity to touch the client and be of service.

I continue to deal with it if someone buys medical from me. Gives me another opportunity to touch the client and be of service.

That's been my method all along. I'm just getting to the point that the time it takes is interfering with growing my client base during AEP. This past year was a little different in that a local MAPD company pulled out of the market. That required me to have to move 70+ people to new MAPD's. Add that to the normal MAPD migrations each year and all the PDP comparisons and applications and it was just about more than I could handle.

That's been my method all along. I'm just getting to the point that the time it takes is interfering with growing my client base during AEP. This past year was a little different in that a local MAPD company pulled out of the market. That required me to have to move 70+ people to new MAPD's. Add that to the normal MAPD migrations each year and all the PDP comparisons and applications and it was just about more than I could handle.

I totally get it. . . Between this and O-care enrollments, the compressed time frame is a really big issue.

It's also known as the "true up" amount. When a carrier first pays the commission they typically don't know whether the member is new to MAPD or not. So they pay the first amount as if they aren't new to MAPD. Then when Medicare notifies them that the member is new to MAPD they pay the 2nd amount.

So far I've been focusing primarily on med supp this year, but recently wrote a couple of mid-year T65ers on Humana MAPDs with 7/1/16 eff dates. Since it's mid-year will Humana only pay 6 months of the first year comp or will they pay the entire year first year comp?

So far I've been focusing primarily on med supp this year, but recently wrote a couple of mid-year T65ers on Humana MAPDs with 7/1/16 eff dates. Since it's mid-year will Humana only pay 6 months of the first year comp or will they pay the entire year first year comp?

Prorated. .............

Not sure about the responses here, maybe it's diff in diff states... But in Calif, all T65 all paid in full, regardless of the month you signed them up. Switching plans is the only way you get a prorated commish.

Back