Marketing Commercial Insurance

Thanks for the info about the mailers. I do have some but was thinking about putting them on service/contractor vehicles in the home depot/lowes parking lot instead of mailing them out. Have you done anything like that? If so, what was your return rate?

Melissa,

I've done a smart amount of this type of marketing. You should expect no greater than a 1% return on your efforts. Unlike using the internet, using mailers can only give you finite results. In other words, one the flyer is torn down, then you're done to have to start over. Consider learning more about the business and building your marketing around social media and search results I do that on my website.

David Berry

Awesome thread here. I am just getting into commercial lines as of monday the 16th for an independent agency here in town, i was previously with State Farm doing personal lines for nearly the last year before this opportunity came up. Looking into hitting the ground running as soon as i figure out all of the new programs and tracking my prospects. I get the opportunity to train under the two owner who each have a good book under their belts. Keep the good info coming!

----------

I forgot to add to the suggestions on prospecting, ALWAYS ASK FOR REFERRALS. If you are writing business, the customer is happy with you, why wouldnt they refer you to their friends, or a company they work with(such as a parts store where the mechanic buys all his parts). If you ask for referrals, cold calls are a last resort. IMO

help me understand "smart amount"?

I actually meant to say a "small" amount. I try to make sure that everything I do will last. Instead of handing out flyers, I give business cards and get business cards. That way, I can put them into my funnels and connect them to my website. The likes, +1s and shares help your organic SEO results.

Your cold calling is a great step, do not give that up. Stay away from mailers you only get a 1% return. Try getting a hold of your states x-mod list for w/c and call those company's, also find a special program and run with it in a specific industry. When you are ready to hire out your telemarketing make sure you are the owner of all the information gathered and you get preset appointments and they do your script,oh and they call from here in the U.S. I hope this helps out.:idea:

Where do you get your states x-mod list?

Back