Marketing Plan

david1975

I wanted to share a marketing plan I'm implementing and see what everyone thinks about it. (I'm new to the forums this is my first post)

I have begun a pretty intensive door hanger program promoting life insurance and general financial services.

However, I've added a component to my door hangers that I hope gets me better results. I'm hanging a bag on the door with a brochure, a letter, AND a reply card with a business reply envelope. I've set up a business reply mail account and printed postage paid envelopes so that if anyone wants to check off (on the reply card) what they are interested in they can mail the card back to my house. (it took some time working with the post office to be able to set this up)

I will be walking neighborhoods myself and I'm paying someone an hourly rate to walk neighborhoods.

So...what does everyone think?

I wanted to share a marketing plan I'm implementing and see what everyone thinks about it. (I'm new to the forums this is my first post)

I have begun a pretty intensive door hanger program promoting life insurance and general financial services.

However, I've added a component to my door hangers that I hope gets me better results. I'm hanging a bag on the door with a brochure, a letter, AND a reply card with a business reply envelope. I've set up a business reply mail account and printed postage paid envelopes so that if anyone wants to check off (on the reply card) what they are interested in they can mail the card back to my house. (it took some time working with the post office to be able to set this up)

I will be walking neighborhoods myself and I'm paying someone an hourly rate to walk neighborhoods.

Is the design of the doorhanger simple and attention grabbing? If I see it on my door will I throw it away or call you right then and there?

Doorhangers returned .005% (Half of 1%) in the way of leads. So 1,000 hangers should result in 5 leads. Placing 1,000 at 100 per hour is 10 hours of work....for 5 leads.

I did it - as a supplemental activity. I actually put them out early in the morning so it didn't interfere with my regular work day.

Thanks for the responses. Please note that I am including a reply card and a postage paid envelope.

That's something that one doesn't normally see on doorhangers.

Do you think that will help increase the number of reponses I receive?

I will let you know if I feel my response rate is better than normal because of this.

If I'm not mistaken, that was for health insurance - a demand product. Life insurance and "other" financial services...you'll be lucky to get back one or two per thousand.

Now if you have a killer deal on a large pepperoni and two liter Coke...

True. In fact, a friend of mine a few years back claimed he put out 2,000 hangers for life with zero leads. He didn't bother putting out the rest.

If I was going to go the route of a door hanger for life I would love to have that 1k AD&D policy for free that Mark offered (not approved in my state) to try and get some nibbles.

This is my favorite topic, gets so little attention amongst agents. Facebook will be the new way to prospect for life and health leads going forward in the future. Even though Facebook has changed the Default Landing page option to this new timeline profile, they are setting up to charge agents that and business people alike that have Fan Pages a fee to promote post anywhere from $5 to in the thousands whatever your budgets will allow, it is a hot topic in the internet marketing circles.

Now regardless if you as an agent is a novice at all this internet marketing stuff and you think its a bunch of malarchy, well better think again, I don't have to tell you the member base and traffic associated with Facebook.

Even in your spare time while watching TV and spending time with the family you can easily factor this in. Now a short disclaimer before I get into some fun facts and strategies to boost traffic and lead generation on Facebook. no money but a little time invest will produce results.

Disclaimer: there are a lot of so called Internet marketing gurus will rob you blind, not only stealing time we don't have but hard earned dollars. Knowledge is really key, and believe it or not a lot of this stuff can be done with little to no money. So here goes.

If and when you establish your business fan page on Facebook, you will quickly find out that getting likes and promoting your page is a slow and mundane process, request friends and family to like your page can bring a constant irritant to your family and business colleagues.

It takes a bit of a mental transition, because getting likes is not the first priority but getting conversions, (that is people who traffic to your Fan Page, and opt-in for your service, knowledge expertise and so on).

There are several companies out there that provide Custom Tab Pages for Facebook. I use Facebook Business Page | Facebook Fan Page because you can set up FREE custom page and get a lot of bang on the free version of course they want you to upgrade to some of the more premier packages, but the free is all you need.

A custom page acts as a teaser to those that show up to your fan page it's what they see first, well let me back up a bit, when you create your tab, folks will not automatically go to your custom tab. You have to promote it, 1) you can pay for a Facebook Ad program (not cheap) adds up over time. 2) you can promote it yourself.

In your custom tab, be amazing and create offerings that bring a wow factor, and e-mail form to opt-in and a prize or a must have information I use the ACA reform opt-in (better to be in the know than out of the loop) concept. Either way it works

This is how you create conversions to leads, and not just a bunch of people who like your page and hanging out, getting a free lunch with all of the information you provide but never turning into clients for your agency.

The NEXT Step: when you log into Facebook you search your city, this is how you will do some geo-target marketing. In the city section you will see people who liked this topic it will be somewhere in the thousands, you will go through and friend request as many as you can, typically Facebook will allow only 200 request per day before they shut you down.

Do this for a week straight, you will have at least 200 new friends by the end of the week.This is call building your target audience. You can always go back to the city profile page, and see all the request you sent, if in two weeks your request to friend that person is still hanging out, cancel the request and move on, you want people who are engaging and on Facebook anyway.

Next: Start your campaign, don't use the standard tool Facebook gives you to promote to your friends, (you'll be shooting your self in the foot with this tactic) instead use your custom tab web address and post in your fan page and pin it to the top for a max of seven days.

Next: you will click share on the link, then select share on friend timeline select your new friend with a message stating like and share, with some compelling reason they need to join your page.

Your custom page is awesome, its called a Fan Gate page because it does not allow anyone to back out or link to any other page unless it's a link in the custom tab page you've created, it literally forces the person to take some action.

This is why you want to use the custom tab, and not the tools Facebook gives you, everything Facebook gives is not to work on purpose, so you have to buy ads and promote post that does not convert the user to clients.

There are many more strategies, this is the tip of the iceberg. My intent was NOT to make this so lengthy, but get agents to see that the day of buying leads, and running a big phone bill cold calling is pretty much over, got to start thinking in terms of internet positioning target marketing, Social media strategies

Eric Culpepper
CEO /Principal Agent
Mid Michigan Health Insurance Advisors

That's a pretty cool idea but giving it a little twist would make your door hanger program the best one. You know, something that would a difference among others.

Back