Medicare Advantage plans earn high marks from policyholders

So why in the World did you bust my *ss the last 2 weeks and you thought I was in Florida?
Haha

Because you were making generalizations about the entire market. I was very clear busting your ass that FL is different than the majority of the US.

I never argued that Medigap in FL is "better" than MAPD.

No doubt.. That's why I don't debate MAPD vs Medigap with someone in FL. It's just the Mecca of MAPD. I'd probably be in it heavier if I lived there.

there is more to the story too

Networks can be very different from HMO to HMO

there are some good PPO's depending

its hard work, I stopped marketing there years ago, 2014 maybe, though I still get referrals on occasion

But I used to get clients calling 20 times during AEP I just went to this seminar what about this what about that, going in the same circles coming to the same conclusion just to repeat again in a few days to a week, I just went to dinner and betty said blah blah

I don't miss it in the least

there is more to the story too

Networks can be very different from HMO to HMO

there are some good PPO's depending

its hard work, I stopped marketing there years ago, 2014 maybe, though I still get referrals on occasion

But I used to get clients calling 20 times during AEP I just went to this seminar what about this what about that, going in the same circles coming to the same conclusion just to repeat again in a few days to a week, I just went to dinner and betty said blah blah

I don't miss it in the least

Generally speaking, MAPD plans are usually better in FL than they are in the majority of the country. You can make the argument that it depends, but pretty much everything we do depends on the individual and what's available to them.

Forest through trees and all.

Florida seems to be in a league of their own with MAPD's.

MSDLEOF_CO005.jpg

I inform the client that it doesn’t mean you can go to any doctor. They must ask the provider if they are willing to bill their PPO out of network.

Good for you. That appears to be more than many of the agents say to their clients . . . some (seem) to make it appear as if you can use your plan anywhere with impunity.

We have a Humana PPO in Florida that charges the same in or out of network. It’s definitely not common and the plan is $11. But it’s definitely nice to have in my bag.

Humana has that same type ppo same price in and out of network . To this day when moving someone from another company to it i have not checked a dr one time to see if network . I’ve not received 1 call a dr out of network won’t take it .

Humana has that same type ppo same price in and out of network . To this day when moving someone from another company to it i have not checked a dr one time to see if network . I’ve not received 1 call a dr out of network won’t take it .

Is that a flex? Seems like a moron move.

Is that a flex? Seems like a moron move.

Humana has had them in one area or another most years, Usually one county or so

one thing is they are usually expensive, But less expensive then a supp

I have had a few love the idea of paying less then a supp getting dental vision and the like

I do warn though they can change any given year, And this plan in particular I have seen go away in various area's it doesn't usually stay too many years

Used to have in NY not anymore, There were 2 or 3 counties here in the south that no longer have it I forget which states

I just used one in NC for a MA client who moved to NC from GA, Just so she can see a good amount of doctors in the new area, However we do plan to move to a lower cost option this AEP

One thing is it is enticing for Med Supp clients, Who usually cant pass underwriting and when the plan goes away who is going to want to do the GI

Most wouldnt, I try to warn these types that they are making a choice, and it the plan hasn't lasted in my experience

Good for you. That appears to be more than many of the agents say to their clients . . . some (seem) to make it appear as if you can use your plan anywhere with impunity.
The Medicare.gov website has made it seem that way for years. People don’t even believe that when you explain it to them until they find out out in the wild. All the printed materials say “any doctor in or out of network” which has never been true.

Back