Medicare agents - 2025 - CMS Rule Changes

Todd I’ll be blunt . You’re a small ass imo in the mapd space . 2 nd to top Fmo’s make $250 per app . Shops like neihloss and Fleming and Gordon marketing . Fmo’s that have 50-100 employees and do 50-100 k mapd apps a yr .With your type vol you might be at $150-$175 an app override . Stay in your fe and med sup lane

I'm just telling you what the FMO override is. If they are at another level, maybe NMO, I'm not going to doubt that, but the FMO override is not what you keep saying. It may be a matter of semantics, but a GA is a GA, MGA is MGA, etc. There are certain commissions for those levels. There are not 2 different GA's, or MGA's. There are not more than one FMO unless they are labeled as FMO2 or something like that.

I'm just telling you what the FMO override is. If they are at another level, maybe NMO, I'm not going to doubt that, but the FMO override is not what you keep saying. It may be a matter of semantics, but a GA is a GA, MGA is MGA, etc. There are certain commissions for those levels. There are not 2 different GA's, or MGA's. There are not more than one FMO unless they are labeled as FMO2 or something like that.

Todd I have good friend who’s team does around 3 k apps a yr . There at the $175 level . They told me to get to $200 an app they’d have to do 10 k apps . Who they were under was in the $250 range . There upline was under a massive mno. Maybe 2 -5 of those nationwide . The Brokerage is one of the massive Nmo’s. I believe only the Nmo is direct to the carriers like United . 90% of mga/ IMO’s (whatever you want to call it ) are in the $150-$175 an app range . Some CO’s like Humana most are paid directly from the fmo . Carriers like Anthem will only pay the biggest fmo’s direct . I’ve verified these #’s with others . Hell I’ve been offered $100 an app override paid direct from an fmo .

Todd I have good friend who’s team does around 3 k apps a yr . There at the $175 level . They told me to get to $200 an app they’d have to do 10 k apps . Who they were under was in the $250 range . There upline was under a massive mno. Maybe 2 -5 of those nationwide . The Brokerage is one of the massive Nmo’s. I believe only the Nmo is direct to the carriers like United . 90% of mga/ IMO’s (whatever you want to call it ) are in the $150-$175 an app range . Some CO’s like Humana most are paid directly from the fmo . Carriers like Anthem will only pay the biggest fmo’s direct . I’ve verified these #’s with others . Hell I’ve been offered $100 an app override paid direct from an fmo .

I once received my upline’s Anthem commission statement in error. It was $12.50/mo for each month ($150/yr). From what I could see, there were about 25-30 agents. When I left them, they had received a bonus incentive from their upline for agents to roll over existing BOB to a newer Anthem plan. The crooks pocketed some of the brokers’ money and some of the other FMO downlines pocketed it all.

I once received my upline’s Anthem commission statement in error. It was $12.50/mo for each month ($150/yr). From what I could see, there were about 25-30 agents. When I left them, they had received a bonus incentive from their upline for agents to roll over existing BOB to a newer Anthem plan. The crooks pocketed some of the brokers’ money and some of the other FMO downlines pocketed it all.

Thats the renewals . $12.50 a month or $150 a yr

Like him or not, Don P is often correct. This case too. Won't say what our little peanut gallery does here, but but but...between my direct upline and then the FMO we both use, falls in line with what Don says.

Lets just say some people are great negotiators and find loopholes. Nothing personal, it's business.

I shouldve added, that FMO and my direct upline share. Theyre great understanders of spreading the love creates more wealth.

They aren't great "trainers" per say, but great spreaders of the money to help build more. At least for anyone wanting to lift a finger and actually work.

Personally, I'd like for FMOs to continue on the trajectory we are on now, but I don't think it's sustainable. So maybe a lesser version. Everything changes, gotta pivot if necessary. All good either way, it'll get figured out. Smart people never put all their eggs into one basket anyway.

They told me to get to $200 an app they’d have to do 10 k apps .

So, I haven't looked at this topic in a few weeks but is it nearly 100% certain still that regardless of what everyone "makes" on overrides per day, this is turning into a "everyone USED TO MAKE" scenario? And if so, starting January 1st?

It was proposed, when are we looking at a done deal decision?

Thanks.

I shouldve added, that FMO and my direct upline share. Theyre great understanders of spreading the love creates more wealth.

They aren't great "trainers" per say, but great spreaders of the money to help build more. At least for anyone wanting to lift a finger and actually work.

Personally, I'd like for FMOs to continue on the trajectory we are on now, but I don't think it's sustainable. So maybe a lesser version. Everything changes, gotta pivot if necessary. All good either way, it'll get figured out. Smart people never put all their eggs into one basket anyway.

$12.50/mo per enrollee is a lot for people who did nothing for the sale. Why do the carriers waste their $ so foolishly? Agents that I know would have produced the sale without any marketing money. The $ could be used to provide a higher quality patient experience, CEO salary or any oth

There is no valid reason why the middlemen are making that much $ for doing nothing. Even worse
So, I haven't looked at this topic in a few weeks but is it nearly 100% certain still that regardless of what everyone "makes" on overrides per day, this is turning into a "everyone USED TO MAKE" scenario? And if so, starting January 1st?

Thanks.

It certainly would not implement until 2025, but I think that DonP said that the CMS would bump up comp to ~$342/app street level. The proposal would equalize the comp at ALL levels without the overrride “administrative fees”, HRAs and over the top ridiculous marketing money. If we are being asked to give up all of that, $342 seems too low. My current upline shares, but too many DON’T.

Thanks.

All we can go on is all what is proposed by cms usually all becomes law at 95% of it . Jan 6 th is final date for comments . We’ll here the final stamped ruling in April or so . I don’t believe it goes into effect until aep 2025

Back