Medicare Direct Mail: Postcards

CMS-4192-F appears to be directed toward carriers, not agents.

That's how I read it too, and maybe I'm just falling for the hype...

Vic said he spoke with an FMO head today saying it would apply to all agents. But in my mind, FMOs don't really know more than we do, regulatory speaking. They're reading and interpreting the same information.

Personally, I'm not doing the whole thing until it's considered a Medicare Advantage call. If the person chooses to talk about Medicare Advantage and I start working through the SoA process, then it's a Medicare Advantage appointment if I do the PDP, that appointment is different than then Medicare Supplement. . I can adjust verbiage on my letters... but it's really a crazy expectation.

That's how I read it too, and maybe I'm just falling for the hype...

Vic said he spoke with an FMO head today saying it would apply to all agents. But in my mind, FMOs don't really know more than we do, regulatory speaking. They're reading and interpreting the same information.

Personally, I'm not doing the whole thing until it's considered a Medicare Advantage call. If the person chooses to talk about Medicare Advantage and I start working through the SoA process, then it's a Medicare Advantage appointment if I do the PDP, that appointment is different than then Medicare Supplement. . I can adjust verbiage on my letters... but it's really a crazy expectation.

as a side note from what I am hearing what it sounded like to me if its not a print ad Facebook ad thats seen in a public way, I don't think it needs to be included in the letter at least that is the way the language sounded

I don't think the letter would be an issue, Though it does sound like there needs to be a call where it is said in the first sentence

It sound like the call centers will have a recoding when someone calls in before they have someone on the phone, which probably wont effect then because the person is already purposed to call in by the commercial and probably toned out the monotone disclaimer on recording which will probably be mixed in with other wording lic agent blah blah

Also don't think it would even come up unless someone complains or makes accusation

But then again who knows when and where that can happen some crazy person can make anything up it does not have to be proven or even make sense to cause a request of the recording

If I could say it anywhere in the conversation it would be OK because when I know there closed I can easily say In have to state according to CMS guidelines and it would not be an Issue I believe

In fact it would be easy for me because I do work with ALL the MA plans in most cases I could state that there are nursing home plans, or where there is one I don't work with I could say I don't work with that one

The whole of the issue is having to say it before there is trust before I have their attention or at the stage they are looking for excuse to get off the phone you know the first sentence

I did ask about that what If I don't know if I will sell med supp or MA the answer was is there is a chance you need to say it right up front or don't ever sell it

I agree though the info from FMO is not always accurate and they may be all the way compliance to far not even considering you know covering there own and any maybe's

The guy did just come from some compliance seminar too

What I am thinking about and tossing around in my head, When we had to have clients call in when it had to be an inbound call for MA what was that 2012 or so

Used to have a client call back after they were ready to sign to do app, Maybe set up a line where the recording is there like the call centers and have that one recorded

I don't know that probably would not work either

This whole thing is stupid

I'm just waiting for them to say, "let's do our drugs." I always do the drugs after we resolve Medical.

I send the SoA and tell I'm going to call back on a recorded line. Then call back, let them know we're recording and read the line. Done.

I'm just waiting for them to say, "let's do our drugs." I always do the drugs after we resolve Medical.

I send the SoA and tell I'm going to call back on a recorded line. Then call back, let them know we're recording and read the line. Done.

Im kind of thinking this too not 100% correct but it gets the job done

they get the message I don't know are they going to nit pick to the first sentence I guess it would depend on who is doing the audit

I mean it will come from carrier not CMS so if its one of those high and mighty types then it may be a problem if its someone reasonable and human then probably will work fine

I got one call on compliance from a carrier in 15 years and it was a reasonable person who quickly saw the client was lying

but I have also heard horror stories from other agents where no so reasonable on simple things but soo to the letter no wiggle room at all just looking to site an agent when there really wasn't anything there

Really it all comes down to if there is a complaint and who is handling it

they get the message I don't know are they going to nit pick to the first sentence I guess it would depend on who is doing the audit

I mean, it's not a sales call until you take the SoA. You can't do a sales call without it. So, is it a loophole? Maybe... but they also can't willy nilly decide its not.. they have to prove that I didn't do what they asked.

Back