Medicare Direct Mail: Postcards

If you don’t represent every carrier in your area your going to have to disclose that and for them to call med.gov to compare every carrier . It’s a dusclosure you have to read them

But I do represent all in most area's

At least on the MA side with PDP there is always a few that don't contract

But I do represent all in most area's

At least on the MA side with PDP there is always a few that don't contract

From what I’ve read you have to represent ever single mapd and pdp carrier in your area to avoid reading . Again this isn’t law yet and maybe some of it is up for discussion . Let’s wait and see final law . But I’m sure most will be implemented.

Ok so we are not going to have to suggest clients go to medicare.gov too compare plans then

EDIT: This is below is incorrect info

There is no indication that BROKERS have to do this. Telephonic agents.. meaning the ones at the insurers employ for their business, have always had their appointments recorded.

Just FYI, government entities post proposed rule changes for the public to comment on.. IF this were to apply as Don is selling, you'd have seen it by now.

Finally, the insurance industry is the WORST about rumors without substance. Unless you can be pointed, in black and white, to something posted by CMS or a Carrier that requires it.. it's bullshit.

I would personally stop representing MAPD and PDP if it were the case. It'd be a huge waste of time for me. However, above is fearmongering.

Last edited:
not trying to be Chicken Little but this appears more serious than fear mongering...

"However, because our intention to include individuals including independent agents and brokers was not sufficiently clear, we are finalizing the definition of TPMO at §§ 422.2260 and 423.2260 with an update to clarify that the definition includes such individuals as well as organizations."

Federal Register :: Request Access

not trying to be Chicken Little but this appears more serious than fear mongering...

"However, because our intention to include individuals including independent agents and brokers was not sufficiently clear, we are finalizing the definition of TPMO at §§ 422.2260 and 423.2260 with an update to clarify that the definition includes such individuals as well as organizations."

I dont have tim to read in detail now, But I did skim I may have missed it

Where does it say we have to say we don't represent all the plans and suggest they go to medicare.gov to compare?

(41) Third-party marketing organization disclaimer. This is standardized content. The disclaimer consists of the statement: “We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1-800-MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.” The MA organization must ensure that the disclaimer is as follows:

(i) Used by any TPMO, as defined under § 422.2260, that sells plans on behalf of more than one MA organization unless the TPMO sells all commercially available MA plans in a given service area.

(ii) Verbally conveyed within the first minute of a sales call.

(iii) Electronically conveyed when communicating with a beneficiary through email, online chat, or other electronic means of communication.

(iv) Prominently displayed on TPMO websites.

(v) Included in any marketing materials, including print materials and television advertisements, developed, used or distributed by the TPMO.

This affects med sup only guys . I’d assume many agents sell the pdp to keep persistency high .

@Travis Price see below ii

 422.2274 Agent, broker, and other third-party requirements.
(g) TPMO oversight. In addition to any applicable FDR requirements under § 422.504(i), when doing business with a TPMO, either directly or indirectly through a downstream entity, MA plans must implement the following as a part of their oversight of TPMOs:

(1) When a TPMO is not otherwise an FDR, the MA organization is responsible for ensuring that the TPMO adheres to any requirements that apply to the MA plan.

(2) Contracts, written arrangements, and agreements between the TPMO and an MA plan, or between the TPMO and an MA plan's FDR, must ensure the TPMO:

(i) Discloses to the MA organization any subcontracted relationships used for marketing, lead generation, and enrollment.

(ii) Records all calls with beneficiaries in their entirety, including the enrollment process.

(iii) Reports to plans monthly any staff disciplinary actions or violations of any requirements that apply to the MA plan associated with beneficiary interaction to the plan.

(iv) Uses the TPMO disclaimer as required under § 422.2267(e)(41).

(3) Ensure that the TPMO, when conducting lead generating activities, either directly or indirectly for an MA organization, must, when applicable:

(i) Disclose to the beneficiary that his or her information will be provided to a licensed agent for future contact. This disclosure must be provided as follows:

(A) Verbally when communicating with a beneficiary through telephone.

(B) In writing when communicating with a beneficiary through mail or other paper.

(C) Electronically when communicating with a beneficiary through email, online chat, or other electronic messaging platform.

(ii) Disclose to the beneficiary that he or she is being transferred to a licensed agent who can enroll him or her into a new plan.

Back