Modernized Plan N Questions

Yes, you are correct she didn't know, I pressed her because I want to make sure I communicate the benefits correctly to my customers.

If what is said about surgeons fees and tests are true then Plan F is a extinct or useless plan.

No way, the seniors, or at least the ones I speak with, want to go to the doctor and to the hospital and not worry about having bills or co-pays to pay. Remember, these same people could be saving 150-200 a month RIGHT NOW by not having Plan F and taking a $0 premium MA. The MA has a maximum out of pocket, so the risk is not that great to the client. They continue to pay the 150-200 a month instead.

If the money is an issue, then yes, a person might pick plan N,D,or whatever, but I have found that seniors, especially those on a lower fixed income, don't want bills and are emotional buyers, not save $20 a month type of buyers. It also depends on which state you are in, because a 65 yr. old male, non-smoker, in my zip code is only $75.98 a month. How much could plan N possibly save them? Is the carrier going to charge a premium of $40 for plan N. No way..

I may have to eat my words, and I may be the only one to feel this way, but plans M and N, will be as popular as plans K and L are, and the majority of people who buy them will be current MA customers, or healthy T65 people, who would have taken a $0 premium MA plan, if available.

Why are some companies paying 3% more commission on Plan N sales? Think about that for a second. They want agents like us to switch people from standardized plan F to mondernized plan N because of what is covered by F and switching it is better for the insurer, and not better for the beneficiary.

Can you think of a time that any company changed a policy because it was best for their customers? They change policies to help themselves and lead their customers to believe that they are actually on their side, bullc***.

Last edited:
I just got off of the phone with a Plan F United of Omaha client. I let them know about Plan N and the lower rates. They'll save $ 1,108.80 in premium. He said the $155 deductible and $20 copays were so minimal compared to what he would save, he wants to switch (him and his wife).

Some clients will, some won't....you should at least let them know so they can decide.

I just got off of the phone with a Plan F United of Omaha client. I let them know about Plan N and the lower rates. They'll save $ 1,108.80 in premium. He said the $155 deductible and $20 copays were so minimal compared to what he would save, he wants to switch (him and his wife).

Some clients will, some won't....you should at least let them know so they can decide.

Exactly my point, give them the option, choice, whatever you want to call it. I'm doing a seminar for a local Civic organization to talk to them about the plans N and M, and we will see how many of those 100 or so will change. I'll wager that it is less than 2%.

I bet he'll change his tune if he gets a major illness that sends him to the doctor several times a week. Then it will be too late.

Last edited:
Exactly my point, give them the option, choice, whatever you want to call it.

I bet he'll change his tune if he gets a major illness that sends him to the doctor several times a week. Then it will be too late.

Dude!! Stop pushing the Plan F kool aid.

I've got some seriously ill clients. At the most they go to the doc 10-20 times per year. Take them off a $180-200 mo plan F to a $115-125/mo plan N... they'd save money even going to the doc more than their usual.

I've had ONE client out of about four dozen that I've offered plan N's to do the math and decide he's marginally better off staying with Plan C. He's 54 and has everything imaginable wrong with him. He added it up and at the most he's seeing a doc three times per month.

Dude!! Stop pushing the Plan F kool aid.

I've got some seriously ill clients. At the most they go to the doc 10-20 times per year. Take them off a $180-200 mo plan F to a $115-125/mo plan N... they'd save money even going to the doc more than their usual.

I've had ONE client out of about four dozen that I've offered plan N's to do the math and decide he's marginally better off staying with Plan C. He's 54 and has everything imaginable wrong with him. He added it up and at the most he's seeing a doc three times per month.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Plan F is easlier to sell,
Client,"how much do I have to pay?"
Agent, "nothing"

Plan N,
Client, "how much do I have to pay?"
Agent, "$155 Part B deductible + $20/ office visit "

No "selling" to it if you present the facts in an easy to understand manner.

Like one I "sold" today. He had a $204/mo plan F. I could get him a F at $135. I presented F, G, D, and then N and explained the difference in each. He did the math himself and chose N at $95/mo.

No "selling" to it if you present the facts in an easy to understand manner.

Exactly, that is why professional agents like you are so successful. If one educates their prospect using factual information presented logically so they understand it there is no "selling" involved. The agent simply helps them make a well-informed, intelligent decision. Isn't that what we are suppose to do?

The agents who are the least successful working Med Supps are the agents who try to "sell" them.

Exactly, that is why professional agents like you are so successful. If one educates their prospect using factual information presented logically so they understand it there is no "selling" involved. The agent simply helps them make a well-informed, intelligent decision. Isn't that what we are suppose to do?

The agents who are the least successful working Med Supps are the agents who try to "sell" them.

Sometimes it takes more that a year in the business for an agent to learn to do what's best for the client.

Your post is right on the money.

Rick

Sometimes it takes more that a year in the business for an agent to learn to do what's best for the client.

Your post is right on the money.

Rick

If SOMETIMEs it does, then that means SOMETIMES it doesn't.

Thanks for the encouragement. As always, your post are so insightful and helpful.

Dios lo Bendiga mi amigo

Last edited:
Back