More Negativity For 5 Star*Not From JD, But A.M. Best

Mr. JG, I see in your signature you are offering DM leads, do you have your own program or are you talking about 360s?

1st rule....dont call me Mr. JG, you have to be properly hazed in order to get that honor LOL:biggrin:

2nd rule...pm me

3rd rule....its super secret

4th rule...your avatar rocks!!

I'm lmao. We're talking about 5 stars rating when Trinity/Family benefit has what 7 employees and doesn't even have there own underwriter.People seize on 5 stars negative write up from am best when many of these co's have no rating. I've never had a problem with 5 star and bottom line after 2 yrs the claim will get paid from all these co's .

I'm lmao. We're talking about 5 stars rating when Trinity/Family benefit has what 7 employees and doesn't even have there own underwriter.People seize on 5 stars negative write up from am best when many of these co's have no rating. I've never had a problem with 5 star and bottom line after 2 yrs the claim will get paid from all these co's .

No rating is inherently better than a bad rating.

You need to learn what your talking about before you speak. A best c rating is bad. Since when is an affirmed A- with a negative outlook bad?Many of these smaller co's don't have ratings because they wouldn't be favorable.

A.M. Best Revises Outlook to Negative for 5 Star Life Insurance Company

A.M. Best has revised the outlook to negative from stable and affirmed the financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) and the issuer credit rating of "a-" of 5 Star Life . . .

You need to learn what your talking about before you speak. A best c rating is bad. Since when is an affirmed A- with a negative outlook bad?Many of these smaller co's don't have ratings because they wouldn't be favorable.

A.M. Best has revised the outlook to negative from stable and affirmed the financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) and the issuer credit rating of "a-" of 5 Star Life . . .

That's not really the case on the companies that are not rated. Maybe would not have a favorable rating? But most that are not rated because they chose to not pay AM Best to rate them.

And I've really had a change of heart on ratings anyway. It used to be important to me. Then I saw these companies bastardize their FE products in order to prop up their rating or to maintain a rating.

I would now rather deal with a non rated company that wants to be in the FE market than an A rated company that treats their FE side like a red headed step child.

The only reason I brought this up is because the thread acts like 5 star has a horrid best rating. I agree ratings are meaningless in fe because the face amounts are very small and the claim after 2 yrs will get paid.Also cash value's are pretty irrelevant in fe.

I made a simple statement - keep your blood pressure in check. Last report, I was one of Trinity's top writing agents. Their lack of a rating has not ever cost me even a single sale.

And I got a Custom Engraved Plaque with my name on it from snl on Friday saying "2014 top producer". In the last yr I've written 25 different co's and I spread my business around so you'll rarely see me at the top of any list. As many threads have said on here its not what you gross but what you net. If I have to spend $12k a month to gross $30k with 75% persistency i'd rather be like Jd. Buy 10 leads and do $200k with 85% persistency and have 100 times less stress being in the field 2-3 days a week.The imo's love the guys that buy 50 leads a week and kill themselves to do big gross with small net margins.I guess I got off the subject.

You think no news is better than bad news in relation to the companies you to sell?

For the record, I don't care about ratings for reasons already mentioned.

Yes, absolutely no news is better than bad news.

I dont care about ratings either. Nor do the vast majority of my clients.

I sell companies that are competetive, reasonable on underwriting, and that make my job quick and easy. I don't and won't sell 5 Star. JD's word is good enough for me.

Latest posts

Back