My personal experience with Aflac

Great insight on AFLAC. The only thing I would add is AFLAC is Telling not selling. Most of their agents have no concept of a presentation and closing a sale. They have a few brochures and a general knowledge of products. You have a District Coordinator a regional coordinator and state mgr getting overrides on your bisiness. What a greedy bunch.

Last edited:
AFLAC may have a few people about 3% making 6 figures If you are a regional mgr and some district mgrs. All in all they have a name and stock does well but you have to put up with alot of meetings and phone calls to update them on your sales. That is not independent for me. For a fortunate few they make money.

AFLAC may have a few people about 3% making 6 figures If you are a regional mgr and some district mgrs. All in all they have a name and stock does well but you have to put up with alot of meetings and phone calls to update them on your sales. That is not independent for me. For a fortunate few they make money.

I had not thought about it before, but I'm sure someone could bring it to the attention of the IRS that the sales staff is not a 1099 independent contractor according to their rules. With the time that the RSC, DSC, and minions are required to log, there isn't much other time to have other ongoing revenue streams.

I work w a company (Family Heritage) that markets products very similar to Aflac. The difference between the two really isn't the products but the way the companies run. With FH, they train you how to run a successful business- whether it's residentially or B2B. I'm just one of a couple of hundred agents, but the presidents knows me by first name and I've had top company people follow me for a day. The first year and renewal commissions are better, the monthly/quarterly bonuses are larger, and the stock is growing faster. The biggest thing that got my attention was the size of the company. With about 500 active agents at FH, I did not have to worry about market saturation. The closest agent to me (I'm in the Chicagoland area) is about 20 miles away.

If you're thinking of doing supplemental insurance- smart move. Check us out first and compare what FH has to offer over the duck.

Jeez, what company do you work for that could POSSIBLY be better than the royal duckness, rdsoxwhatever?

same thing with allstate. they expect you to purchase a book for half the renewals for five years. 2m book that would be $500,000. then you can pour in your money into it, but they can buy it back for $300,000 at anytime. they tell you when to clock in and out. you have to roll your phones over to them when you close at 5pm. any sales made by allstate from a call to your phone is theirs. crazy

Hard to ever say that AIG is better than Aflac since they are ranked number#1 nation wide in supplemental insurance and have been for the past 10 yrs?

#1 rated how? By number of Policies? By Premium? By Number of accounts? By Products? By Name recognition?

Back