NAA New Agent, Should I Stay or Jump Ship?

These peopled screwed me over big time in 2008.I bought the leads sold the policies and never got paid. They said my contracting was messed up by me living in NY where things are done differently. I also got hell from a local carrier for writing business when not properly contracted with them. I asked NAA for a letter to provide that carrier stating how they screwed up the contracting not me, well they refused to give me one. Since I could not be paid for any policies I asked for a free supply of additional leads to get me going again. They terminated me just for asking. I had no income for a month and never got paid, it really hurt me financially since I paid money for all those bad leads, disconnected phone, etc and got cheated out of all the comm. which was over 2k

Mrpants,
I too was recruited by NAA and have a phone interview in the morning. How can one be sure that your company "Family First Life" is any different from them NAA? How does your lead system work and how are you all able to pay people 140% commissions. How much are your leads and how old are they.
I'm not bashing I just don't want to get stuck in anything either.

Thanks

----------

Can anyone tell me if you need Errors and Omissions insurance when you are an independent agent with various carriers? I'm looking to change companies and the one I am with now required me to carry it. They said it was because I was working with various carriers. I'm sitting on the sidelines right now.

Thanks Montel

Mrpants,
I too was recruited by NAA and have a phone interview in the morning. How can one be sure that your company "Family First Life" is any different from them NAA? How does your lead system work and how are you all able to pay people 140% commissions. How much are your leads and how old are they.

Thanks

----------

Can anyone tell me if you need Errors and Omissions insurance when you are an independent agent with various carriers? I'm looking to change companies and the one I am with now required me to carry it. They said it was because I was working with various carriers. I'm sitting on the sidelines right now.

Thanks Montel

Yes you will want E and O. Some of the real good companies require it. It's only like 30ish per month, no biggie.

Companies pay out more than 100% first year commission, so that's why people can offer you over 100%.

You really should not go to the NAA interview. They are one of the worst companies to work for. You'll get there and some smooth talker will win you over and it'll be a huge mistake for you.

If you are serious about doing this and making money, go to my site finalexpenseservices.com and look at the getting started tab. It'll show you the steps you need to go through.

Good luck!

New Agent looking to be independent but need direction

Can someone direct me to a few companies to check out? I reside outside of Charlotte, NC. After reading these threads of some newbies, I don't want to make the same mistakes right out the gate. There's a lot I don't know and there are some things that I do know.

Thanks Montel

:skeptical:
I was contacted by an NAA (National Agent Alliance) agent after responding to a Craigs-List job posting a couple of weeks ago. I went to their site watched a few videos and became interested. (heck even with the low projections I would be happy).

So as of today I have passed my test and will be registering for my license tomorrow. Question is, should I start with them, or someone else? (btw, I'm in Missouri).

Without getting into specifics I am between 30 and 40. I have a 4 yr college degree. I have lots of relational experience with people, managerial experience, recruiting, and training experience.

I will be licensed for life/health (already passed the test today WHOOHOO!). I am new to this particular 'game', but am absolutely certain I WILL BE successful. I know you get out what you put in, and I am going all in...

So... What do you all think? I greatly appreciate any and all responses.
;)
Hi, I'm in the same position like you. I pass the test OI have the license, I went to the NAA meeting I like it, but here is the problem. because my sponsor is in Illinois and I m in California, means that my up-line is in Illinois I contacted my up-line but the guys is very irresponsible he does not help me he even doesn't answer my call so I have no support. and here in California the hotspot owner every time I ask a question he tells me call your up-line. so no ones help me because my friend that introduce me to NAA is learning just like me. I'm looking primerica they look good, just make sure who you sign for make sure your up-line is next to you. because if not you will be out in the cold.

Hi, I'm in the same position like you. I pass the test OI have the license, I went to the NAA meeting I like it, but here is the problem. because my sponsor is in Illinois and I m in California, means that my up-line is in Illinois I contacted my up-line but the guys is very irresponsible he does not help me he even doesn't answer my call so I have no support. and here in California the hotspot owner every time I ask a question he tells me call your up-line. so no ones help me because my friend that introduce me to NAA is learning just like me. I'm looking primerica they look good, just make sure who you sign for make sure your up-line is next to you. because if not you will be out in the cold.

Dear God! From NAA to PrimeAmerica? Please go work at McDonalds and save yourself the trouble.

Primerica is pretty much the same as NAA. Why not try one of the big companies that offer training & real support?

Really, who do you work, (Smart)? I just looking for guidance.

Visit my site, fill out contact form...poof you are good to go :)

----------

Mrpants,

Thanks

----------

Thanks Montel

Id be happy to help. My websites are listed below.

Back