Nasb

I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you. NASB has a right to enforce the contract you signed. As I stated previously, talk to the RVP or the owner, not the direct guy that brought you on, he's gonna try to keep you on no matter what. Probably new. I'm not an owner, I only know the Positive that I've experienced. Any failure is on me.

Just because some people you know had problems, doesn't mean the entire organization is bad. That would be like saying since you had a bad math teacher that they are all bad. Ridiculous.

I worked for NASB for awhile. NO WHERE in it's contract did it say that agents would not be released or that the company's policy is that you have to wait six months and you're just SOL. So it's not an issue of enforcing their contract. And forget about talking to the RVP instead of the guy who recruited you. My RVP wouldn't even respond when I approached him about a release. In fact, nobody would respond to me except Sophia Lopez, who point-blank said company policy is to make you wait six months before you can get out of your appointments through NASB. That's just sh*tty. I know one thing, I will never think of going back to that organization for anything. And don't even get me going on their whacked out lead scheme.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update, I'm sure this post will help some agents who have been thinking about going with NASB for the last 7 months.............

I worked for NASB for awhile. NO WHERE in it's contract did it say that agents would not be released or that the company's policy is that you have to wait six months and you're just SOL. So it's not an issue of enforcing their contract. And forget about talking to the RVP instead of the guy who recruited you. My RVP wouldn't even respond when I approached him about a release. In fact, nobody would respond to me except Sophia Lopez, who point-blank said company policy is to make you wait six months before you can get out of your appointments through NASB. That's just sh*tty. I know one thing, I will never think of going back to that organization for anything. And don't even get me going on their whacked out lead scheme.

Exactly. When I asked them prior to contracting about them betting captive, I was told that you're not that you're independent.

Thanks for the update, I'm sure this post will help some agents who have been thinking about going with NASB for the last 7 months.............

Yeah, I would like to keep this thread very much alive. If you're new to this forum and have been thinking about replying to one of NASB's Craiglist or Indeed.com ads, Don't. Run far, far away. You will be brought in on 80% contract at best, when you can get 120% on your own or from other IMO's. Also, if you start out with a limited budget, you know, cause your LOOKING FOR FREAKING JOB, you will be encouraged to buy cheaper leads that have been sold before and can be as much as 1-2 years old. Lots of doors closing in your face. Of course, you can take all your money and gamble it on their $23 DM leads, which by the way, they recently announced they were getting away from (but the price is going up a dollar :nah:). Now, they are focusing on "check" leads: They do their mailers with a check for $5 that the recipient can cash at Regions Bank or deposit in their own account. Problem is, Regions charges $2 to cash such checks if you don't have an account with them.

NASB's recruiters and RVP's push the whole "you can't make it without us" spiel. I spent a bunch of money on their sh*t leads and hardly sold anything. I was better off cold-calling. Now, I am with another organization that pays well and has good carriers. And they turned me on to some great lead sources. I just bought 12 $25 leads from one company, and have received five of them so far. In the past two days, I have sold all of them. Never had that type of production with NASB's leads.

I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you. NASB has a right to enforce the contract you signed. As I stated previously, talk to the RVP or the owner, not the direct guy that brought you on, he's gonna try to keep you on no matter what. Probably new. I'm not an owner, I only know the Positive that I've experienced. Any failure is on me.

Just because some people you know had problems, doesn't mean the entire organization is bad. That would be like saying since you had a bad math teacher that they are all bad. Ridiculous.

I worked for NASB for awhile. NO WHERE in it's contract did it say that agents would not be released or that the company's policy is that you have to wait six months and you're just SOL. So it's not an issue of enforcing their contract. And forget about talking to the RVP instead of the guy who recruited you. My RVP wouldn't even respond when I approached him about a release. In fact, nobody would respond to me except Sophia Lopez, who point-blank said company policy is to make you wait six months before you can get out of your appointments through NASB. That's just sh*tty. I know one thing, I will never think of going back to that organization for anything. And don't even get me going on their whacked out lead scheme.[/QUOTE]

The beautiful thing is, there are so many good FE companies that you won't need those companies that are tied up anyway. You can easily get away from any bad FMO that won't release and never miss a sale.

But it's important to remember that not all companies will let you re-contract after 6-months of no sales. Some will require that you CANCEL your contract and then wait six months. That step gets forgotten about too often. You still get your renewals. There is no problem with canceling the contract. But if you forget to do it you will have to do it later and then wait six more months.

I worked for NASB for awhile. NO WHERE in it's contract did it say that agents would not be released or that the company's policy is that you have to wait six months and you're just SOL. So it's not an issue of enforcing their contract. And forget about talking to the RVP instead of the guy who recruited you. My RVP wouldn't even respond when I approached him about a release. In fact, nobody would respond to me except Sophia Lopez, who point-blank said company policy is to make you wait six months before you can get out of your appointments through NASB. That's just sh*tty. I know one thing, I will never think of going back to that organization for anything. And don't even get me going on their whacked out lead scheme.

The beautiful thing is, there are so many good FE companies that you won't need those companies that are tied up anyway. You can easily get away from any bad FMO that won't release and never miss a sale.

But it's important to remember that not all companies will let you re-contract after 6-months of no sales. Some will require that you CANCEL your contract and then wait six months. That step gets forgotten about too often. You still get your renewals. There is no problem with canceling the contract. But if you forget to do it you will have to do it later and then wait six more months.[/QUOTE]

What company besides Oxford has that stupid rule?

The beautiful thing is, there are so many good FE companies that you won't need those companies that are tied up anyway. You can easily get away from any bad FMO that won't release and never miss a sale. But it's important to remember that not all companies will let you re-contract after 6-months of no sales. Some will require that you CANCEL your contract and then wait six months. That step gets forgotten about too often. You still get your renewals. There is no problem with canceling the contract. But if you forget to do it you will have to do it later and then wait six more months.
What company besides Oxford has that stupid rule?[/QUOTE]

Off the top of my head Oxford and 5-Star are that way for sure. TransAmerica isn't exactly that way but it goes easier if you do cancel it. MOO has a 12-month wait I'm told.

They aren't all uniform on the no biz for 6-month rule.

What company besides Oxford has that stupid rule?

Off the top of my head Oxford and 5-Star are that way for sure. TransAmerica isn't exactly that way but it goes easier if you do cancel it. MOO has a 12-month wait I'm told.

They aren't all uniform on the no biz for 6-month rule.[/QUOTE]

OK, Oxford and 1 Star. Figures. I would imagine that settlers would fall in line with those two with a stupid rule.

Latest posts

Back