Training Gem from an NASB Agent

jdeasy

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hanson, Ky
"Last ditch effort I have used on a guy was after the objection of me and my wife need to think about this; "Ms. Jones, could you go grab me a glass of water or make a sandwich?"

When she gets up I looked him dead in the eye and said. "You're the man of the house right?". To which he chuckled and said "yeah".

I said, "OK, why didn't she ask you if you wanted anything when I told her to get me something? I thought you make the decisions around here". Then he screamed out, "hey get me a sandwich too, you know how I like it". Looking at me all confident like he showed me up.

I said, "now that you make decisions again, grab your checkbook and date this for today. You don't need her OK to pay for this. She knows you will get what's good for both of you".

Hahaha!!!! :laugh:You can't make this stuff up.:nah: And it seems he is being serious??

"Last ditch effort I have used on a guy was after the objection of me and my wife need to think about this; "Ms. Jones, could you go grab me a glass of water or make a sandwich?"

When she gets up I looked him dead in the eye and said. "You're the man of the house right?". To which he chuckled and said "yeah".

I said, "OK, why didn't she ask you if you wanted anything when I told her to get me something? I thought you make the decisions around here". Then he screamed out, "hey get me a sandwich too, you know how I like it". Looking at me all confident like he showed me up.

I said, "now that you make decisions again, grab your checkbook and date this for today. You don't need her OK to pay for this. She knows you will get what's good for both of you".

Hahaha!!!! :laugh:You can't make this stuff up.:nah: And it seems he is being serious??

I had a manager once who told us to walk in and order the wife to put a pot of coffee on, that this was going to take awhile. Somehow, I didn't think getting into a fight with the husband was the best way to start things off.:nah:

I had a manager once who told us to walk in and order the wife to put a pot of coffee on, that this was going to take awhile. Somehow, I didn't think getting into a fight with the husband was the best way to start things off.:nah:

People who say that crap don't sell hardly anything. When I was first learning MA there was this FOS trainer that talked in the office all the time about how much cross selling he did.

I went on 5 or more ride alongs with him to observe him selling MA plans and to learn. He never once sold anything other than MA while was with him. I asked another guy that had done several rides with the guy and he said the same thing. Never once did he cross sell. I was new to MA so I thought the guy knew what he was doing.

As I learned the business I found out he was just as clueless about selling MA plans as he was on cross selling.

People who say that crap don't sell hardly anything. When I was first learning MA there was this FOS trainer that talked in the office all the time about how much cross selling he did.

I went on 5 or more ride alongs with him to observe him selling MA plans and to learn. He never once sold anything other than MA while was with him. I asked another guy that had done several rides with the guy and he said the same thing. Never once did he cross sell. I was new to MA so I thought the guy knew what he was doing.

As I learned the business I found out he was just as clueless about selling MA plans as he was on cross selling.

When I sold windows and siding one time I leaned in (after already closing hard for an hour) and whispered "Why say no when it feel SO GOOD to say yessss?" I got the order and they cancelled before I got back home. Glengarry closes give the results you see on the movie. Broke and desperate salesmen.

Back