Nationwide Vs. State Farm

jcarring99

Expert
Are there any opionions on this company for an opportunity in Texas? Base plus commission while training and then a lump sum of money to get an agency started after 18 to 24 months. Any opinions on it versus State Farm?

I can only tell you about State Farm and only in Florida. As a State Farm agent you are what they call a "captive agent" meaning you can only sell their products, they will promise the sky and deliver... well not much. The name on the door will drive some business to you, you normally have to make a large investment also remember the company goals most of the time is not what will keep you financially stable, yet the company will push for more life and financial products in Florida. There is a video "Tica Tim" it sounds pretty out there but I could almost swear I know who those 2 characters are in my area and yes they do talk to you in that manner. Really they do. look at this post first it may open your eyes NASFA Membership also this one NASFA Membership

Why do you say that? I dont want to make a catastrophic mistake.

Read what Marbella posted above. Read this and tell me SF is not a catastrophic mistake? NASFA Membership

This is written by people inside SF. SF is a great deal for SF. SF use to be the best P&C company to sell for but the deal the older agents had and all the money they made is not the deal new agents have.

How competitive are they?. Nationwide's deal sounds good. you don't need a lot of money to start. But you are captive.

Not much written about nationwide. Is that a good thing?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Read what Marbella posted above. Read this and tell me SF is not a catastrophic mistake? NASFA Membership

This is written by people inside SF. SF is a great deal for SF. SF use to be the best P&C company to sell for but the deal the older agents had and all the money they made is not the deal new agents have.

I have read the bad. I have also read the good. Hard to figure out the bad from the good.

Last edited:
Not much written about nationwide. Is that a good thing?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have read the bad. I have also read the good. Hard to figure out the bad from the good.

Before doing SF talk with three agents who have been at it just three years. Talk to them off the record. Find them on your on not through a SF recruiter. Ask them if they had it to do over if they would do it again.

What do you know about nationwide that makes them a better option than SF?

I don't know that Nationwide is a better option except going with Nationwide with not put you personally in debt, bankrupting you, and perhaps destroying your marriage (if married). I have read of numerous SF agents that has happened to.

Last edited:
Back