Nebraska hospitals warn seniors that Medicare Advantage isn’t for everyone

I didn’t try to pigeonhole everyone into a one size fits all plan.
My point is, MAPD clients think they want a Med Supp until they see the high premiums.

One more time . . .

I don't pigeon hole, cajole, or frighten folks into buying a Medigap plan. Almost everyone who contacts me has no interest in MAPD. Almost everyone who asks for an explanation of both plans ends up with a Medigap . . . and most were leaning in that direction from the start. They were suspicious of MAPD, are at least the way it was presented, but they know I could explain OM + Medigap.

Last week I talked to a 76 year old who could probably pass underwriting. He has been on a number of MA plans since turning 65, but because of things he READ about hospitals bowing out of MA plans he wanted to explore the Medigap side.

He balked at G premiums and the HDG premium was moderately attractive but the $2600 deductible scared him . . .

He said he would think it over and I knew I would never hear from him again, but I was wrong. He sent an email a few days later saying he will wait a few more years but will get back to me when he is ready.

Not surprising and I am not holding my breath.

That is the first one I have failed to reel in since a year ago, maybe further back. But I knew he wasn't serious about change from the start, he threw up too many excuses so I cut him loose after 10 minutes or so.

That's 10 minutes I will never get back and if he ever does call back I will suggest he find someone else to help him.

One more time . . .

I don't pigeon hole, cajole, or frighten folks into buying a Medigap plan. Almost everyone who contacts me has no interest in MAPD. Almost everyone who asks for an explanation of both plans ends up with a Medigap . . . and most were leaning in that direction from the start. They were suspicious of MAPD, are at least the way it was presented, but they know I could explain OM + Medigap.

Last week I talked to a 76 year old who could probably pass underwriting. He has been on a number of MA plans since turning 65, but because of things he READ about hospitals bowing out of MA plans he wanted to explore the Medigap side.

He balked at G premiums and the HDG premium was moderately attractive but the $2600 deductible scared him . . .

He said he would think it over and I knew I would never hear from him again, but I was wrong. He sent an email a few days later saying he will wait a few more years but will get back to me when he is ready.

Not surprising and I am not holding my breath.

That is the first one I have failed to reel in since a year ago, maybe further back. But I knew he wasn't serious about change from the start, he threw up too many excuses so I cut him loose after 10 minutes or so.

That's 10 minutes I will never get back and if he ever does call back I will suggest he find someone else to help him.

Maybe you don’t try to pigeonhole people into a med Supp. But answer this. If you talked to a MAPD only agent, that says they won’t sell a med Supp because it’s too expensive, would you think they aren’t being ignorant?

12 doctors? I Wouldn't touch an MAPD. Hope network matching works in future years.

If you haven't noticed, PDP plans are much richer this year, and in 2025 even more so.

Dental not covered on OM? Oh how things may change to apples vs apples one day.
https://www.axios.com/2023/11/21/aca-obamacare-healthcare-dental-affordable-care-act?

Free MAPD plans growing? seems stats show the opposite.
https://www.beckerspayer.com/payer/...care-advantage-plans-hits-plateau-report.html

Med supp increases of 10+ percent? never happened with UHC in AZ or FL. It's important to pick the right horse to keep a sticky book.

800+ med supps on the books, only 1 household moved to MAPD without a discussion with me this year. Married husband & wife in year 6 of med supp with 10 meds......buh bye...enjoy

I understand that you wouldn't want to take the time to look up the 12 doctors across various plans, or check MAPD Rx coverage when it's just a click of a button to see and compare - but there are some of us willing to do it.

As a matter of fact the twelve doctors were all in-network with multiple MAPD carriers, not just one. All of that is in my notes and in their files. It's not like they barely fit into a plan - there were multiple options that would work.

But I'm sure they'll regret this and call me in June to exercise their Trial Right to go back to Plan F. I've marked off a few days already on my calendar in anticipation of this upcoming event where they call me just oh so frustrated with the endless endless red tape of this horrible plan that I put them in.

I'll update y'all on the GI back to F when we do it. I mean when they walked out of the room not only did they have buyers remorse but I too had buyers remorse, I just feel like with 12 doctors in-network I'm setting them up for failure.

I understand that you wouldn't want to take the time to look up the 12 doctors across various plans, or check MAPD Rx coverage when it's just a click of a button to see and compare - but there are some of us willing to do it.

As a matter of fact the twelve doctors were all in-network with multiple MAPD carriers, not just one. All of that is in my notes and in their files. It's not like they barely fit into a plan - there were multiple options that would work.

But I'm sure they'll regret this and call me in June to exercise their Trial Right to go back to Plan F. I've marked off a few days already on my calendar in anticipation of this upcoming event where they call me just oh so frustrated with the endless endless red tape of this horrible plan that I put them in.

I'll update y'all on the GI back to F when we do it. I mean when they walked out of the room not only did they have buyers remorse but I too had buyers remorse, I just feel like with 12 doctors in-network I'm setting them up for failure.

Hey, the other half of my book is ACA which are All HMO's. I'm well versed on searching for doctors and meds, and denials. Hence the reason I only do med supp when they T65. I'm done playing managed care games when my clients are suffering with a broken provider and insurer system. I've heard the stories. People get dreaded illnesses under age 65 you know.

What about those future meds that may start in February like Eliquis on Wellcare VS? Not only do they get to pay the 545.00 ded but also get to pay 50% after the deductible. They pay 47.00 right away with most MA plans. Sounds way scarier then the chance a Dr in the future may not be in network.

25% or 50%, high or low deductible, or high or low premium. Who cares. Total annual cost is all that matters when comparing pdps. U should know that. Could care less about mapd rx comparisons. U keep bringing up money. My clients have $$. Can't put a price on access to exceptional healthcare.

Back