Nebraska hospitals warn seniors that Medicare Advantage isn’t for everyone

25% or 50%, high or low deductible, or high or low premium. Who cares. Total annual cost is all that matters when comparing pdps. U should know that. Could care less about mapd rx comparisons. U keep bringing up money. My clients have $$. Can't put a price on access to exceptional healthcare.

So there is no difference if someone is on Wellcare and starts taking Eliquis and paying 545.00 ded and then 150.00 each month? That seems like a fair amount of money. Why not use the BCBS one that has a 42.00 copay on tier 3 instead of a %. Who cares about the cheap generics, can use Good RX for those if need be.

25% or 50%, high or low deductible, or high or low premium. Who cares. Total annual cost is all that matters when comparing pdps. U should know that. Could care less about mapd rx comparisons. U keep bringing up money. My clients have $$. Can't put a price on access to exceptional healthcare.
Youre clients have $$ now. Not sure you noticed but middle class has been being pushed out for a few decades. We are nearing the tail end and our economy sucks. I was doing U65 before ACA and watched many small business owners circle the toilet then even die when they couldn't get a subsidy and couldn't afford their premiums. Talk about once had money now they don't. Now it makes sense on the all the ACA youre doing, but you know...choose your lane I guess. Some of us are intentionally staying away from ACA.

Just sayin...how long will all your rich clients remain so? I know I once had a wealth of wealthy clients. Still do work with some who kept making it work, and even many of those choose MAPD.

Also if total annual cost of PDPs is all that matters, as you say, MAPD wins in many cases. I know theres more to your mindset, bc you do say you can't put a price on health care, but many people can't pay that set price.

This debate is good, but really makes no sense in so many geo locations to try to push med supp hard. There still are wealthy enclaves...but we do what the market dictates. At least most agents do.

Last edited:
So there is no difference if someone is on Wellcare and starts taking Eliquis and paying 545.00 ded and then 150.00 each month? That seems like a fair amount of money. Why not use the BCBS one that has a 42.00 copay on tier 3 instead of a %. Who cares about the cheap generics, can use Good RX for those if need be.

U r a tool. Happy bday you turkey.

What's the bcbs premium? You forgot to include that part.

Never knew bcbs had a nationwide pdp. Thanks for lesson

Youre clients have $$ now. Not sure you noticed but middle class has been being pushed out for a few decades. We are nearing the tail end and our economy sucks. I was doing U65 before ACA and watched many small business owners circle the toilet then even die when they couldn't get a subsidy and couldn't afford their premiums. Talk about once had money now they don't. Now it makes sense on the all the ACA youre doing, but you know...choose your lane I guess. Some of us are intentionally staying away from ACA.

Just sayin...how long will all your rich clients remain so? I know I once had a wealth of wealthy clients. Still do work with some who kept making it work, and even many of those choose MAPD.

Also if total annual cost of PDPs is all that matters, as you say, MAPD wins in many cases. I know theres more to your mindset, bc you do say you can't put a price on health care, but many people can't pay that set price.

This debate is good, but really makes no sense in so many geo locations to try to push med supp hard. There still are wealthy enclaves...but we do what the market dictates. At least most agents do.

When my clients are paying $300 a month for HOA fees to live in a gated golf community, they can afford a $150 month med supp.

Maybe you don’t try to pigeonhole people into a med Supp. But answer this. If you talked to a MAPD only agent, that says they won’t sell a med Supp because it’s too expensive, would you think they aren’t being ignorant?

The agent may BELIEVE the Medigap is expensive, but unless they ASK the prospect they are just making an assumption.

And no, I don't force anyone to do something they don't want to do.

U r a tool. Happy bday you turkey.

What's the bcbs premium? You forgot to include that part.

Never knew bcbs had a nationwide pdp. Thanks for lesson

Are you a 12 year old? You obviously have 0 common sense. My millionaire clients have money and have enough sense to save it and don’t waste it on an expensive Med Sup and a shitty PDP.

Back